Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By DUNE Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 pm
The more and more i test the components out, it seems to be the USB MIDI cable that is defunct. Im debating wether to go with a 1x1 MIDIMAN MIDISPORT uno or the 2x2 thats why i ask. Would the q25 midi out go into the mpc or into the USB MIDI device(if i had a 2x2 interface)? I guess the real question i have is wether to buy the 1x1 or 2x2 interface, and what would be the best way to add the q25 to the equasion
By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:12 pm
What problems are you having with it?

If you want to use the Q25 to input MIDI into the MPC sequencer, you would probably connect it to the MPC.

If you just want to use it with the DAW, then USB to the computer.

But you can send the MIDI from the Q25 back out from the computer into the MPC as well.

Lots of ways to do things.
By DUNE Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:15 pm
Hmmm wow i see, very intriguing. Well the USB MIDI cable was doing that quirky never ending readout with the q25 also, and when i tapped the cable with my finger it stopped but then started again....so im guessing the cheesy cable was broken since i got it, 5$ china girl(one with a music note on casing) from ebay
By SimonInAustralia Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 am
If buying a new MIDI interface, and the difference between a 1x1 and a 2x2 is not a problem for you, 'might' be better to go the 2x2.

The MIDI signal going through the cable/ports is serial, so it sends/receives one message after the other.

If you start sending a lot of messages over MIDI, especially if there are sync messages being sent along with note on/off messages, it 'might' avoid slight timing issues by spreading the data out over a couple of MIDI ports/cables, instead of sending it through a single MIDI port/cable.
By Cases Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 pm
Thanks Clint! :worthy:

It's all falling in it's place. I began with MPC2500 and a Mackie 24/7

Now I'm suffering G.A.S.

I have the MPC4000 with a 32/8 Ghost mixer, many synths further. So I then bought a fireface800.

Then I wanted to upgrade my minimac since I needed to do everything on my PC cuz it's to slow, resulting in getting iMac.

Well, now I have Logic.

I wanted this setup (came from software years ago.. and it had his PRES - effects and such.) but didnt know it was possible.. I never knew my 1984 JX8P would be able to get controlled by A F$#@$%N iPad.. OVER WIFI!!! (iPG800 app) all through Logic, this is so sick.

I love to get soft FX over hardsynths and hardFX over softsynths, this F@#$%$%@#$N awesome. (same for the sequencing hybrid options.)

Sorry for the swearing but you made my day :worthy: