Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 pm
djdz1 wrote:absolutely no read out from MIDI Monitor with the USB MIDI OUT cable unconnected & IN cable connected to the MPC OUT A

Also no readout when the USB MIDI cable is completely disconnected from the MPC

So, you have set the MPC track to S:MIDI:1A, and there is nothing showing in the MIDI monitor when you hit the MPC pads?
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:
djdz1 wrote:absolutely no read out from MIDI Monitor with the USB MIDI OUT cable unconnected & IN cable connected to the MPC OUT A

Also no readout when the USB MIDI cable is completely disconnected from the MPC

So, you have set the MPC track to S:MIDI:1A, and there is nothing showing in the MIDI monitor when you hit the MPC pads?

Correct, i have hit all pads in all banks A-D
with no readout
Mpc is set to S:MIDI :1A-Device01
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:54 pm
Ok did it. As soon as i did that the display started doing the crazy endless readout again

By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:04 pm
Are those note on/off messages appearing when you hit the MPC pads, or is it just happening by itself?

Something weird is going on, either with the USB-MIDI cable, or the output of your MPC.

Hard to know without testing another MIDI device output connected to the USB-MIDI cable, to see if it has the same problem.

What else do you have that has a MIDI output, just the Q25?
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:05 pm
No those messages are happening randomly.

My mpc pad sensors are brand new and function pristine ,i installed them myself,never have any issues with the mpc at all,even the top pcb board is brand new, did an overhaul on it at the end of this past summer

Yeah just the q 25 now, it only has midi out
Last edited by DUNE on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:13 pm
OK, so if you are sure it is the correct voltage/tip polarity/etc., test it again with the USB-MIDI cable IN plugged into the MIDI output of the Q25, and then the OUT plug connected to the Q25, pressing keys, and see what MIDI Monitor displays.
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 pm
wow the q25 sends messages no prob and no on and on scrolling. It send a message on just once and the moment i let go of a key on the q25 it sends a message of note off........im guessing thats not a good sign for the mpc.......
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 pm
OK, that is how the MPC should work as well.

It seems like the USB-MIDI cable works OK.

And it seems like there is something messed up with the MIDI output of your MPC.

:lol: Pheewwww, that took some patience!
Last edited by SimonInAustralia on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 pm
Well i thank you for helping me find the problem,that was super nice of yah. Now back to the drawing board......
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:27 pm
No problem, hopefully you have more of an understanding now of how things work, and how to troubleshoot problems like this.

If you go into Logic now, you should see the MIDI input display on the transport bar responding to Q25 key presses, which you should have been seeing from the MPC.
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:28 pm
That i sure do,it makes a heck of a lot more sense now. i owe ya one bigTIME!! If your ever in my neck of the woods i'll buy ya some dinner and a cold mikro brew