Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:33 pm
Your not gonna believe this but i reset the mpc and now the messages have stopped scrolling like a mad man, it is working like the q25 now....WTF!!!??
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:33 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:If I ever make it over, and down, to Taos for some snowboarding, I will look you up. :lol:

Good man! ;) Sounds good!!
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:40 pm
Okay im gonna start from the beginning of this thread and follow everything to a Tee
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:42 pm
I think you should have more success, now that the MPC MIDI output and USB-MIDI cable seem to be working correctly.

It was not going to happen when the MPC was spitting out crap, and you had the IN/OUT plugs the wrong way around. :lol: :nod: :smoker:
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:43 pm
Holy BAjesus!!! IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!!!! MPC studio and Ren eat Ya heart out!!! Oh yeah and Maschine.....Im coming for yah,lolol lmfao!! THANK YOU SO MUCH SIMON you are a GENIUS!!!!!!
By DUNE Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:48 pm
Hehehehe you the man,thanks again man Peace SIMON!!!! Now its time for some serious action!!
By DUNE Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:04 am
Already did haha thanks man,yall are on some next level ish here!! Now to figure out how to get the logic instruments in order, the notes are all scattered
By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:06 am
You need to setup your MPC pads, in Program Mode, so that they are assigned to, and output, consecutive MIDI note numbers, it is referred to as a chromatic layout.

As default, the MPC Pad-MIDI note numbers are all over the place.

The default layout originates in the pre-MPC Linn drum machines, similar to a General MIDI drum layout, I think, but pre-dating General MIDI.
Last edited by SimonInAustralia on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By DUNE Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 am
Excellent im on top of it now,ty again Simon =)
By DUNE Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:29 pm
Another quick little question here. Whats the need of having 2 midi outs and ins? How would i benefit from the other in and out?
By SimonInAustralia Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:40 pm
A MIDI port/cable carries 16 MIDI channels.

You can connect whatever you want to them.

A MIDI output could, for example, be connected to a range of different devices, and MIDI can be split or chained, meaning that you can have multiple devices on each port, such as:

- mutlitimbral synth/sampler that responds to multiple MIDI channels
- mono synth that responds to a single MIDI channel
- drum module that responds to a single MIDI channel
- effects units that respond to a single MIDI channel
- drum machine or sequencer that can sync to MIDI
- etc.

The two MIDI inputs could be used for a MIDI controller keyboard and incoming MIDI sync from a computer, or a MIDI fader box, for example, among other things.

Many different options for what you can connect to, and do on, each MIDI input and output.
By DUNE Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:51 pm
So if i understand correctly , i could hook up the q25 to the mpc and then both into my daw?