Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 am
JamesJeffery wrote:Not a chance. The Renaissance is purely software based. A piece of s**t from Nu Akai in my opinion.

Is that a Nu Akai MPC I see in your signature?
By Explicit- Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 am
JamesJeffery wrote:Not a chance. The Renaissance is purely software based. A piece of s**t from Nu Akai in my opinion.

Sooty_G wrote:shameless maschine rip-off, only it has Akai doing the software... so you know it will be buggy as fukc! :lol:

Beatdiggerjazzcat wrote:This will be interesting... Shouldn't really be classed as an mpc tho, the emulation will be interesting
By MoreBuck$ Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 am
WAKAI said:
This is a deeply integrated controller for our new VMPC software.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:31 am
JAH wrote:

Is that a Nu Akai MPC I see in your signature?

It is, but it was based on the 2000XL. Since then they've produced plastic crap.
By MoreBuck$ Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 am
^^^^ WAKAI 2500 :lol: :lol:
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:39 pm
Now I know why the site was having technical difficulty yesterday. Tutor was adding a new forum.

This would've been cool if it could operate stand-alone but its just another controller in the market. What good is classic MPC vintage sound if you got a shitty soundcard.
By konc3pt Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:15 pm
this can be picked up at toysRus

this can be picked up at guitar center

it's not to hard to point out who was the innovative driving force at akai and quality control some time ago
By konc3pt Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 pm
SV1200 wrote:w/ this nuakai release, it kinda makes me want to buy a tempest even more.

funny cuz I feel the same way...tempest and op1 for me to go please 8)
By coolderb Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:02 pm
After looking at the photos of the Ren. again, it seems less like a revolutionary product and more like a modified MPD32 with the faders replaced by knobs and the "Virtual MPC" software and audio interface thrown in for good measure.

If it is priced around $300US then it will be a good deal, if not I will stick with Maschine with the frequent updates and VST integration.