Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:09 pm
coolderb wrote:After looking at the photos of the Ren. again, it seems less like a revolutionary product and more like a modified MPD32 with the faders replaced by knobs and the "Virtual MPC" software and audio interface thrown in for good measure.

If it is priced around $300US then it will be a good deal, if not I will stick with Maschine with the frequent updates and VST integration.

Join the club. Avoid the avid fans. They will tear you down. We can fight this.

LMAO!
By coolderb Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 pm
I wonder how long it will take for Nukai to bring these announced products to market. I have been on the waiting list for a product that they announced a LAST YEAR's NAMM: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... =SynthSt49

They are actually saving me money because I don't even want/need that (Synthstation49) joint anymore. lol

They are clearly struggling to maintain their customers and throwing things out there to see who bites. It is a tough market no doubt and technology changes rapidly, but at the end of the day, as I have stated before it boils down to investing in quality software developers. Whether you are producing software for standalone MPC devices or hybrid devices such as Maschine stable, eficient software makes all the difference. Just look at what JJOS has done for the MPCs. Maybe the Ren. is a step in that direction, time will tell........
By rookie Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm
trust me if they would have made a stand alone folks would still have something to complain about! meanwhile they use reason,ableton,....to each his own.don't like,don't buy, real simple fellas :lol:
By roxstar Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:55 pm
"trust me if they would have made a stand alone folks would still have something to complain about! meanwhile they use reason,ableton,....to each his own.don't like,don't buy, real simple fellas :lol:"

Exactly! I don't see the point in waiting for JJ to keep upgrading the OS on a drum machine with outdated hardware. We all use the computer, why not use it's processing power and memory to our advantage! We've all downloaded sounds off the net and complained about slow USB1. We've all tracked out beats and had issues with every DAW ever created. Compact Flashes and SCSI Hard Drives are on the way out. No one likes change, but its about time it happened! :)
By JAH Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:08 am
rookie wrote:trust me if they would have made a stand alone folks would still have something to complain about! meanwhile they use reason,ableton,....to each his own.don't like,don't buy, real simple fellas :lol:

100% true. Just pull up all the old threads regarding the MPC 1000, 2500, and even the 4000. Now these are look upon as the standard and classics. 3-5 years down the line, I won't be shocked if everyone is dissing the MPC Ren 2 (hybrid...standalone hardware or software) because it is not a good as the MPC 5000. :P
By Skillet Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:39 am
I get excited about stuff like this or the Tempest because I hope they will make Machinedrums cheaper. 8)

Would be really interested in something like the APC for Ableton if it was more oriented around midi recording/editing, I don't need to launch that many clips...
By jimmie Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 pm
The four MIDI outputs have my interest, something Maschine doesn't have. I wonder how tight a sequencer it is for those of us with much hardware to sync up.
By JAH Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 am
Skillet wrote:I get excited about stuff like this or the Tempest because I hope they will make Machinedrums cheaper. 8)

Would be really interested in something like the APC for Ableton if it was more oriented around midi recording/editing, I don't need to launch that many clips...

Alot of people here are excited about the MPC Ren whether they admit it or not. Otherwise, they wouldn't spend the amount of time here. Look at everybody's recent posts. Even the members that say they will never buy such a product spend 90% of their time in the forums talking about MPC Ren. I think we have those of us that are excited and will buy it. Some will wait some time until after the excited subsides and then buy it. You will have some (you know who you are) waiting to pounce and say I told you so if there are any issues (hardware or software) with the MPC Ren. And finally some of these individuals wil actually become converts and buy it too.
Last edited by JAH on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Beatdiggerjazzcat Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 am
Being a user of the mpc 60, this emulation buisness really p***es me off
You are going to get these software supporting c***s flicking that stupid switch and thinking "now my beats are made on the 60" :/

The standard software for these things will be no better than what's already on the market, so I fail to see why we need it.

It seems Akai is fast becoming a company like apple; mark my words that they will ride the money wave of constant and insignificant upgrades to these iPhone/ds/apc inspired bits of junk!
By goldenxscholars Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 pm
wow first time seeing this. really interesting. mpc products definitely have a cheesy element these days. all the lights and stuff but it is what it is these days. cant really hate on mpc funtionality. pretty much just gotta hope the pads arent sh*t.
By Big Saccs Sinatra Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:42 pm
JAH wrote:
Skillet wrote:I get excited about stuff like this or the Tempest because I hope they will make Machinedrums cheaper. 8)

Alot of people here are excited about the MPC Ren whether they admit it or not. Otherwise, they wouldn't spend the amount of time here. Look at everybody's recent posts. Even the members that say they will never buy such a product spend 90% of their time in the forums talking about MPC Ren. I think we have those of us that are excited and will buy it. Some will wait some time until after the excited subsides and then buy it. You will have some (you know who you are) waiting to pounce and say I told you so if there are any issues (hardware or software) with the MPC Ren. And finally some of these individuals wil actually become converts and buy it too.

+1
By kneebone77 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 pm
I've been following this product closely and I for one am buying it. first day if I can. Hate if you want too, renaissance is going to be beautiful. I've been dreaming of something like this since 2007.
By BassToTheFace Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:49 pm
coolderb wrote:After looking at the photos of the Ren. again, it seems less like a revolutionary product and more like a modified MPD32 with the faders replaced by knobs and the "Virtual MPC" software and audio interface thrown in for good measure.

If it is priced around $300US then it will be a good deal, if not I will stick with Maschine with the frequent updates and VST integration.

lmao i wish it was $300. hell, I'd pay up to $700/800 for the ren. but $1300 might be a bit high if it isn't that great. might get the studio instead, if not I have my heart set on a 4000 :mrgreen: