Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:54 pm
JAH wrote:This is the point of the debate I just respectfully bow out. You made it clear you don't need this, you hate Akai, etc., etc. No point in furthering the conversation. Hopefully, when the product is released, and forum members begin to share tips-n-tricks with their new found love....you won't be the one spamming every thread with your dislike of it.

I hate Akai? Yet I have the 60 and 2500? Pfft.

Mate, you spend your cash however you want. Everyone has their own conception of this new MPC. Look at previous threads. People are under the impression it's a modern looking MPC.

If you know what you're buying, and you understand what it does, go with it. If you get pleasure and fun from it, go with it. But just make sure you know exactly what it is and what it will and wont do before you buy it.

The biggest mistake you can do is compare it to a true MPC. If you're doing this, you're already misinformed.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm
psoul wrote:so is it confirmed is just a faking mpc, but is only controller/sound card that cant' work stand alone?

It's not officially confirmed bu there are a couple pointers that give it away.

This first one is on the site. They call it a "Music Production Controller". They also talk about their custom DAW to run it.

The second one is the lack of outputs. An MPC in this day and age would have more outputs if it was standalone.

I am hoping I am wrong though. But I can't see it. We're all waiting eager to see the next videos and specs.
By JVC Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:02 pm
I am surprised to see this new product from Akai Pro!
I don't dig the controller look (it looks really cheap to me, looks like Tyco toy, Maschine wins this part big time), but the products idea is something that I can respect; it has USB 2.0 audio interface integrated into the controller, which, in theory, give users less hardware compatibility issues (because Akai Pro has control over audio interface as well, unlike Maschine), that is if Akai can support the hardware accordingly.
I would be surprised if "MPC Renaissance" (right now, I am not sure this is the actual product name or not) would cost more than Maschine. As far as controller alone, MPC Renaissance's controller would cost more to make, I think.
I am not looking for a new MPCs (at least now), but so far I cannot dismiss this product as junk, I think the product design is on point and is unique. I hope Akai Pro executed the overall design well.

I think it is a good news for Maschine users too, more competitions make developers work harder. As far as I know, Maschine hasn't had a major software updates for while.
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:06 pm
JVC wrote:I am surprised to see this new product from Akai Pro!
I don't dig the controller look (it looks really cheap to me, looks like Tyco toy, Maschine wins this part big time

I stopped reading your post after this statement. Maschine is a light-weight plastic toy..even the MPD 32 is a heavier more robust controller..and its plastic. Even the consensus at the NI Forum is that AKai has a winning controller....
By JVC Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm
JAH wrote:
I don't dig the controller look (it looks really cheap to me, looks like Tyco toy, Maschine wins this part big time

I stopped reading your post after this statement. Maschine is a light-weight plastic toy..even the MPD 32 is a heavier more robust controller..and its plastic. Even the consensus at the NI Forum is that AKai has a winning controller....

I'm only talking about the look of the "MPC Ren" controller. (MPD controllers are not discussed here.) I've never seen Maschine in person, I am judging with the product photos alone. I like the design of Maschine controller (it may look super cheap in person, but at least designwise I like the layout and its simple look.) I just don't like how Akai designed the "MPC Ren" controller (again, other Akai Pro products are not discussed), I don't think the arm rest is real.
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:52 pm
JVC wrote:
JAH wrote:

I'm only talking about the look of the "MPC Ren" controller. (MPD controllers are not discussed here.) I've never seen Maschine in person, I am judging with the product photos alone. I like the design of Maschine controller (it may look super cheap in person, but at least designwise I like the layout and its simple look.) I just don't like how Akai designed the "MPC Ren" controller (again, other Akai Pro products are not discussed), I don't think the arm rest is real.

Well..I have seen Maschine in person as it is sitting in front of my monitor as I type this...cheap controller....the MPD is relevant because it is made by Akai. And I feel confident that they would at least make the MPC-Ren hardware at least equal to MPD.

The MPC-Ren looks just like any other MPC. It just has more Q-link knobs as opposed to sliders. If you don't like its look...cool. But you should see Maschine in person before drawing a conclusion.
By JVC Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:04 pm
By the way...

Then I saw the words "MPC Renaissance", I immediately thought about this jacket:

Is it just me?
By JAH Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 pm
JVC wrote:By the way...

Then I saw the words "MPC Renaissance", I immediately thought about this jacket:

Is it just me?

Wow...perhaps the did get inspired by the name of the album......

I spent time reading all the MPC Ren reviews and the NI Forum, Gearslutz, and MV Nation. There are more favorable reviews at these sites than what we have here.
By Coz Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:43 pm
JAH wrote:There are more favorable reviews at these sites than what we have here.

Shut the door on your way out then... you might as well go and hang out with the rest of the fanboys. :wink:
By JAH Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:54 pm
AKAI Professional公式Webサイトで、MPC Renaissanceが公開されました。これまでのMPCシリーズと一線を画すこのMPC Renaissanceは、多くの人が慣れ親しんだ16個のパッドと、16個のQ-Linkツマミが並んだMPCらしいルックスにオーディオI/Oを搭載した「コントローラー部」と、パソコンにインストールして使うサンプリング&シーケンサーソフト「MPC Software」とがセットになったハイブリッド仕様になっています。

MPC Renaissanceは本格的なトラックメイキングやライブプレイができるのはもちろんのこと、面白い機能として往年の名機とされるMPC60、MPC3000のサウンドをシミュレートできるVintage Modeも搭載。パソコンを使った最新の制作環境でビンテージMPCのサウンドが楽しめるというのはMPCマニアもニヤっとする嬉しい機能です。

AKAI Professional公式WebサイトでMPC Renaissanceの動画が公開されていますが、1月19日から開催される2012NAMMでは実機が公開されるのではないかという噂も耳に入っていますので、Rock oNスタッフがリアルなレポートをお届けできるかもしれません。楽しみにして待つことにしましょう。
AKAI Professional MPC Renaissance
http://www.akaiprompc.com/
By Lampdog Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:49 pm
Maybe I can have my wife translate that and type it back into a post we can understand, lol. Nah, you kids enjoy them there kata's. :lol: :lol:
By jpeg Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am
im a maschine user but from the controller point of view this shits all over maschine but maschine software looks nicer, but the mpc-ren got better mixer in the software.

the maschine controller is functional but not substantial enough to give the feel of real hardware.

hence why i think akai is onto a winner but very interested to see the build quality of the slimline version as thats the joint that will go toe to toe eith maschine

the mpc ren is 999 usd
By brucker Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:30 pm
Lampdog wrote:Maybe I can have my wife translate that and type it back into a post we can understand, lol. Nah, you kids enjoy them there kata's. :lol: :lol:

i wouldnt bother, same shit different language :roll: