Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 am
Akai announced it's new MPC ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkF-evh5 ... ideo_title

Personally, I am deeply disappointed. I hoping for a new piece of hardware, but to me this looks purely software based. An MPD on steroids.

I won't be getting one that's for sure. I'll stick to the real MPCs. It's probably a great machine that pisses all over the Maschine (or probably not) but it's not standalone.

Edit: I see stereo outputs on it though. Confused :/ Wish Akai would release more info about it instead of a video!

Edit2: It has a built in sound card and it is purely software based. Akai confirmed it to me on their page after asking them a couple of questions.

I'm 50/50 at the moment. Might be tipped on getting one depending on the price tag.

Your views?
By b.read Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:07 am
Off topic 4 eva :lol:
By b.read Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 am
Tsk tsk...:lol:

that's where everybody hangs out don't ya know? :)
By Tha_Skywalker Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:40 am
krush777 wrote: Maybe it is their version of Maschine?

I think thats exactly what it is, I really want to try it out!
Just to see how the workflow is. What brings my attention is
the Vintage Mode, obviously it SHOULD sound exactly
like the 60 & the 3000 since Akai is the original creators but
im curious to know what the "other" option is for.
By carloboranga Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 am
WTF i've bought the 5k 15 days agoooo!!!!!

first look as i want to stay hardware i'm ok, but i would have liked to chooseeee!!!

crap!!!!

beside the fashionable-grey look is hot

Edit2: It has a built in sound card and it is purely software based. Akai confirmed it to me on their page after asking them a couple of questions.

this is bad actually, more than a renaissance it's the end of the line... :cry: the mpc (center) substitution with mpc (controller) makes sense...

maybe it's super cool as well thou
By padlock Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:04 am
i just want to know how well the my 25k or xl will midi up to the software and if its even possible..

the best thing about using an mp is the sequencer, but the software does look like cool i guess. lets hope it works in the same manners as the hardware sequencer... and you can chop and do most functions without a mouse!

and you would have thought nukai would have made an effort to team up with jj to make his os projects importable etc.. thats a big bunch of ppl like me who are left unhappy.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 am
Tha_Skywalker wrote:
krush777 wrote: Maybe it is their version of Maschine?

I think thats exactly what it is, I really want to try it out!
Just to see how the workflow is. What brings my attention is
the Vintage Mode, obviously it SHOULD sound exactly
like the 60 & the 3000 since Akai is the original creators but
im curious to know what the "other" option is for.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the sound being the same as the 60/3000. Their new "MPC" has a built in sound card, so the audio is probably being bitshifted digitally. Whereas with the 60 and 3000 it's just a natural part of their sound due to the hardware.
By carloboranga Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:14 am
@ padlock

i just want to know how well the my 25k or xl will midi up to the software and if its even possible..

must be working with midi cc... only difference probably will be the rotary knobs number...

i can't really think akai comes out with some sort of a daw plug in compatible for every OS, i hope the software wont be the worst crap ever. maybe the software itself works like a plugin...

ok they say:

"Akai Professional
Did you know the new MPC fully supports VSTS and audio units?
We also support all MPC file formats! Why should you have to compromise we bring you the best!"

O_O
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 am
JamesJeffery wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath on the sound being the same as the 60/3000. Their new "MPC" has a built in sound card, so the audio is probably being bitshifted digitally. Whereas with the 60 and 3000 it's just a natural part of their sound due to the hardware.

Is Maschine's emulation of the MPC 60 and SP1200 accurate? Or what about the emulation of analog gear Universal Audio has created with their plugins (digital)...are those accurate?
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 am
JAH wrote:
JamesJeffery wrote:

Is Maschine's emulation of the MPC 60 and SP1200 accurate? Or what about the emulation of analog gear Universal Audio has created with their plugins (digital)...are those accurate?

I've yet to find a comparison that demonstrates the accuracy. I have a maschine, and the 60, and I don't find it's emulation is accurate at all. If you want me to I will do a comparison for you. Send me any plugins you want me to compare too and I'd be happy to do that.

Hardware always has a warmer, and nicer, sound than digital does anyway.

Just take the TR808 as an example of never being able to replicate the hardware. Heck, not even Roland have replicated it a second time!

A rubber doll might make you orgasm but it don't come close to the real thing.

And what's with your avatar?!?!
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 pm
This is the point of the debate I just respectfully bow out. You made it clear you don't need this, you hate Akai, etc., etc. No point in furthering the conversation. Hopefully, when the product is released, and forum members begin to share tips-n-tricks with their new found love....you won't be the one spamming every thread with your dislike of it.