Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By BlitZ Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:30 am
I just watched the video for like the 5th time and I'm just now noticing g that when MPC comes up on the screen, it says it stands for music production CONTROLLER. So my question is, why even buy it? I'll probably just keep my MPD32 and my 1k (which I was planning to sell so i could buy the renny) and just try out the software for half the price...until those other 2 MPC's drop at least.
By jpeg Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 pm
its been alleged that the street price is $999

the next model down mpc studio is where the battle with and for the current maschine market will be fought.

reason i say this is the mpc studio will be targeting peeps that already have an audio interface and want to use they interface but want the mpc hardware surface with the computer integration.

so if we minuS the and odd $200 to $300 for the cosT of the interface the studio price should be around $700
By Danoc Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:09 pm
You can use it without using the software editing window. it has stereo out. Plus it has XLR in's that means you can sample in it. They added the computer so you don't have to buy external hard drives like I have with the MPC2000xl you can save all your songs and sounds straight to computer.

My MPCXL doesn't have where I can store my sounds and songs, but I do it to my external hard drive and load from there also. This is the same concept you don't need the actual edit window. Now for me this is a plus because I can handle songs quicker and better without squinching my eyes to a small screen. You can sample into it and it has a phone joint so you can get sounds from records.

so bottom line is if i want to use it without the editing software I could and just grab sounds from the computer now. But I want to use the editing software that's a plus.
By Danoc Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:00 am
Well I may be wrong about using it like we do the current MPC's but this is still interesting.
By o_O Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 am
This looks like exactly what I was waiting for Akai to do. I held off on the Maschine hoping Akai would respond with something, and they came through. As long as the software isn't shit. I'm sold.

Not that I am surprised, but I don't think many people understand what the word "Renaissance" means...
By Danoc Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:54 pm
weS! wrote:@danoc

You sure you can use this without a software window?

That's why I said above I may be wrong. You might, because if you can sample in it using a turn table and it has XLR in puts so you can simple from any source then you can place those sounds on a pad. But now you can save all that stuff to your computer, which my MPC2000xl I save all my sounds and tracks to an external hard drive when I am done. With this MPC-R you will have software to use also with the edit window just like the 3000 you can hook up a screen to it and rock. So now Akai put it where you can rock from your computer but you still can make the beat without the software being up. You can use the little screen on the MPC-R. But we shall see.
By Danoc Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:57 pm
o_O wrote:This looks like exactly what I was waiting for Akai to do. I held off on the Maschine hoping Akai would respond with something, and they came through. As long as the software isn't ****. I'm sold.

Not that I am surprised, but I don't think many people understand what the word "Renaissance" means...

Me too, I love MPC's I am not feeling NI and Maschine, they can keep that. I hope the price is not over $700 dollars and the software be good, cause we can just save our sounds to our computer hard drive or external hard drive that's connected to the computer usb and just open files on the fly. That's sweet. I am doing that with the MPC2000xl but I am using zip disk (old ancient) but it gets the job done.
By emptysea Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm
Danoc wrote:So now Akai put it where you can rock from your computer but you still can make the beat without the software being up.

Nope. MPC is now Music Production Controller. It requires that it is connected to a computer with software running for it to work at all.

Danoc wrote:I hope the price is not over $700 dollars and the software be good

:lol: Good luck with that.
By Danoc Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:18 am
emptysea wrote:
Danoc wrote:So now Akai put it where you can rock from your computer but you still can make the beat without the software being up.

Nope. MPC is now Music Production Controller. It requires that it is connected to a computer with software running for it to work at all.

Danoc wrote:I hope the price is not over $700 dollars and the software be good

:lol: Good luck with that.

Ohhhhhhhh man don't shatter my dreams lol lmao HOw much do you think that baby is going to go for on the market? I just got wind there are going to be like 4 different models of that thing that's crazy! They are making one that don't have to be connectecd to the computer but you can, from a reliable source, I might wait for that one. that's at the end of the year, because by then they should have all the kinks out !
By Beezie Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am
I think some people are missing what this shit can do, MAYBE! Dont think of it as a software controller. Think of it as a mpc and your using the computers cpu. Thats how im looking at it. The machine from the video's looks like it has the same construction as a MPC 5k 2k 1k. So its looking solid. Not some cheapy plastic crap. Like think of it like this as long as the software isnt all buggy, no latency issue's, and the seq time is right on. Then this will work just like a MPC. The only difference is the CPU is the computer, The storage is in the computer. So peep just run this joint on a laptop, not your daw. Add a midi interface and you got a MPC with how many midi outs for other racks and synths. It should have patch names for hardware but who knows. Then it runs VSTI's. Then on top of that you get the computer style editing.

So think like this they took the CPU out , The HArd Drive, CD ROm, and OS out of the MPC and put it on the computer.

But I think the only issue is the software, I never rocked Akai's OS for there new gear. Old 2k 60 stuff yea, So IDK I have only used JJ's os for my 1000.

But if there saying this thing is a game changer they should have takein note of jj's os. But WHO KNOWS!

So like what if they had put like quad core cpu in it , 2 gigs of ram and a 500 gig hard drive with lcd hook ups and 8 more midi outs on it. That shit would be retard on the price. But this way it stays in the budgit.
IDK thats just my thought on it, I think its goona be G.