Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By 64padzzx3 Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:25 pm
Wait a minute hold on,hold on I understand that the maschine is an outstanding piece of hardware/software and I'm not bashing any means of getting the music from your head to the speakers but is it not true that thee akai mpc was around years before the maschine???,and if so how can it copy the maschine when the maschine obviously is just a copy of the mpc format (better build better software but still a copy) so with that said being the obvious innovater that it is wouldn't the mpc actually be "copying" itself????
By b.read Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 pm
:lol:
By Lampdog Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:27 pm
It's all Rogers fault.

Damn I wish tempest could sample.
By b.read Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Yuuuuuuuuuup....

Maybe if the linn drum II never comes to fruition, they'll atleast release a 2nd version of the tempest?

Wishful thinkin' I know... :lol:
By scoobylol Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:50 pm
I think Korg are the ones to watch this year. Their budget analogue has been fantastic so far! (Proud owner of a Monotron and Monotribe)

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they made a couple of higher end models this year to include a basic mono-synth for around the £200 mark, and a more capable drum machine/step sequencer building on the 'Tribe for about the same too. Possibly around the £300 bracket.
By goldslum Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:16 pm
MPCRENAISSANCE wrote:Akai never came late to this market.

Native just came to early!!!!

To many imitations have copied the MPC format.

The RENAISSANCE

I WANT MINE NOW!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL look at this user's username.... hmmm i wonder who they work for? :roll: :roll: this is definitely the only praise we've seen on the forum. you want yours now??? come on... this is beyond hilarious to me.
By goldslum Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm
look at that user's posts and please enjoy a good laugh.... that is the saddest attempt at a company desperately trying to convince the public that its relevant. i can not wait for this thing to get real reviews from real people.... i cant even believe the history we are watching take place. that is... NUKAI is history.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:26 pm
goldslum wrote:look at that user's posts and please enjoy a good laugh.... that is the saddest attempt at a company desperately trying to convince the public that its relevant. i can not wait for this thing to get real reviews from real people.... i cant even believe the history we are watching take place. that is... NUKAI is history.

Ha! I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more of these robots around here.
By cyrus Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:21 am
goldslum wrote:look at that user's posts and please enjoy a good laugh.... that is the saddest attempt at a company desperately trying to convince the public that its relevant. i can not wait for this thing to get real reviews from real people.... i cant even believe the history we are watching take place. that is... NUKAI is history.

nah, its just a distraction from the other salt ;)
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:17 pm
64padzzx3 wrote:Wait a minute hold on,hold on I understand that the maschine is an outstanding piece of hardware/software and I'm not bashing any means of getting the music from your head to the speakers but is it not true that thee akai mpc was around years before the maschine???,and if so how can it copy the maschine when the maschine obviously is just a copy of the mpc format (better build better software but still a copy) so with that said being the obvious innovater that it is wouldn't the mpc actually be "copying" itself????

Progress invariably involves elements of copying - as a musician, you should be well aware that all modern music has copied elements of the past, tweaked it, and made it its own.

It;s the same in all industries. Apple did not invent the smart phone, but they are considered the leading smart phone manufacturer these days, even though 9o% of the iphone's features are taken from previous/existing phones from other companies. Apple just tweaked, evolved, and a little but of innovation thrown in.

The idea of an MPC integrating completely with a computer was a natural evolution. It just took another company to do it first. Akai dropped the ball. Now Akai must play catch up - but this is not pure copying from either side, it's a continued reaction to the evolving market.

I would argue that the current MPC range is just a 'copy' of the classic MPCs of past. I see little true evolution from the 2000XL to the 5000, bar a few extra tweaks and a couple of extra features. I mean, IMO, the last true leap came with the 4000, and then Akai changed hands and MPC production continued as if the 4000 had never existed. The 2500 and 5000 are just an XL with a few modern twists. The OS remains virtually unchanged, even though it's clear certain aspects of the OS are tired and need to change with the times. IMO, there has been a lot of 'laurel resting' with regard to the MPC, and Maschine has performed the proverbial kick up the backside this sector needed.

Some may argue 'if it works, dont fix it' , but I feel Maschine has shown otherwise, and MPC Renaissance simply underlines this.

I hope Akai can do something great with MPC Ren, and as I've said in other threads, this should hopefully explode this sector as NI and Akai do battle. Competition is always a good thing, it drives innovation.
By cyrus Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:54 am
I personally am glad NI came first. Gives akai an advantage to learn from thier mistakes, copy the good shit, sculpt it, then combine it with the mpc state of mind.....best of both.

Isn't that what we do when we sample?

me: "damn, I like those strings **yoink**, damn, those drums are ill **yoink**, hmm, this bass preset on this vst sounds nice with those drums and strings **yoink**"

fool: "thats a nice beat....but I dont like it cause you copied the strings, drums, and bass preset"