Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By tosfalma Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:53 pm
dafuq is that shyt. flashing lights and silver colour and stuff like that. your instruments looks must not distruct you from the music, thats why i dont like mpc paintjobs and 2500 se and stuff like that.

and that "vintage mode"..YOU SERIOUS?? what type of gimmick is that aigain. its like AKAI seeing us as a bunch of 17 y old suckers preaching the "golden era" and the "original sound of the real hiphop". meh

on the next mpc model put a button that says "raw 90s banging beats mode" or "soundgoodizer" and dont even bother including a sampler, just load it from the factory with james brown and sly and the family stone samples and make it work like hip-hop ejay.

"vintage mode"..damn
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 pm
tosfalma wrote:dafuq is that shyt. flashing lights and silver colour and stuff like that. your instruments looks must not distruct you from the music, thats why i dont like mpc paintjobs and 2500 se and stuff like that.

and that "vintage mode"..YOU SERIOUS?? what type of gimmick is that aigain. its like AKAI seeing us as a bunch of 17 y old suckers preaching the "golden era" and the "original sound of the real hiphop". meh

on the next mpc model put a button that says "raw 90s banging beats mode" or "soundgoodizer" and dont even bother including a sampler, just load it from the factory with james brown and sly and the family stone samples and make it work like hip-hop ejay.

"vintage mode"..damn

I don't know about you but I want a "Sound Like Skrillex" button. Been dying for something like that on an MPC. Reach out to a whole new market right there.

Imagine touching a button and your track is instantly a Skrillex type classic! OMG! NOM NOM!

BOOM!

Let's hope Akai listen to it's customers. Would be an awesome feature.
By scoobylol Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:I don't know about you but I want a "Sound Like Skrillex" button. Been dying for something like that on an MPC. Reach out to a whole new market right there.

Imagine touching a button and your track is instantly a Skrillex type classic! OMG! NOM NOM!

BOOM!

Let's hope Akai listen to it's customers. Would be an awesome feature.

The only way to achieve the Skrillex sound is by copying his hair cut.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:36 pm
tosfalma wrote:and that "vintage mode"..YOU SERIOUS?? what type of gimmick is that aigain.

To be fair, lots of people have been on numerous forums asking how to get that 3000 and below crunch/sound/grit or whatever the word of the moment is.

And you haven't heard it demonstrated on the thing yet have you? Like not on the internet but in real life side by side with a 3k or below? Me neither.

We really don't know yet. Don't discount it, you don't know until you yourself have actually judged it for yourself though.

I'm not saying it's the greatest thing since sliced bread or it's a gimmick. We've always wanted companies to listen to us and they threw that feature in there, which of us on the forums here knows for sure as of yet just how great or doo doo it is...
By stan steez Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:49 pm
Looks like a technoid Toy Version of the 3000 to me. Can't beat the elegant, bauhaus-like design of my trusty NI Maschine. But since I grew up on the MPC 1 K, I'm really interested how it feels like. Definately gonna test it once it's in store.
By scoobylol Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:
padlock wrote:just to have a dubstep wobble button..
i'd call it a day!

:lol:

I'm having wet dreams already! That would be ******* awesome!!

Behave yourselves.

You already have a wobble feature it's called a filter. Don't give these children any more excuses to make shoddy music by numbers tunes.
By tosfalma Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:31 pm
a beat that hits hard or feels fatter and warmer doesnt have to be made on a mpc 60 or mpc 3000. i mean that of course a vintage sampler can make a dfference, but in a profesionnaly mixed album, your beat will be processed through a whole bunch of eq's/whatever effects, that will contribute the same to its colour. so, if you make your beat in mpc 60, but mix it in your DAW in your bedroom, and i make a beat on fl studio but mix it in Dr.Dre's studio, my beat will sound better.

why would a company that takes me seriously put a button like that on the mpc. just make the rennaisance sound BETTER than the mpc 60, not try to persuade me buy it because it writes "mpc 60 " on its case.

but the AKAI guys aren't fools. they know that just having a "mpc 60 emulation" button they would drow instantly more clients, than they would have done by just simply improving their product's sound. because, in fact, most of the customers wouldn't hear the difference in sound quality. and this is a sad thing.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm
tosfalma wrote:a beat that hits hard or feels fatter and warmer doesnt have to be made on a mpc 60 or mpc 3000. i mean that of course a vintage sampler can make a dfference, but in a profesionnaly mixed album, your beat will be processed through a whole bunch of eq's/whatever effects, that will contribute the same to its colour. so, if you make your beat in mpc 60, but mix it in your DAW in your bedroom, and i make a beat on fl studio but mix it in Dr.Dre's studio, my beat will sound better.

why would a company that takes me seriously put a button like that on the mpc. just make the rennaisance sound BETTER than the mpc 60, not try to persuade me buy it because it writes "mpc 60 " on its case.

but the AKAI guys aren't fools. they know that just having a "mpc 60 emulation" button they would drow instantly more clients, than they would have done by just simply improving their product's sound. because, in fact, most of the customers wouldn't hear the difference in sound quality. and this is a sad thing.

Professional mixing and mastering does make your track sound more professional and bring out the character and dynamics BUT the same old skool beat on a 60, and the same old school beat in FL after putting them through mastering the 60 one is going to pack more punch.

But, on another note digital bitshifting isn't the same as classic 60 12bit. The Ren. most likely is bitshifting at a guess. We'll have to wait for the real comparisons.
By tosfalma Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:41 pm
yes i agree of course. thats why i said "of course a vintage sampler can make a dfference". if "vintage sampler emulation" made a difference, there already vst's for that, but nobody cares that much.
By Explicit- Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:31 pm
In my opinion the design is terrible.

Just the design alone is cringe worthy.
It looks like a combination of a 3000 and 2500 gone terribly wrong.
It looks very futuristic... Which is a bad thing.

The color scheme is terrible.
Grey, white, black, red.
Then it has orange and yellow lights and a blue screen?

WTF...
By roxstar Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:41 pm
"just make the rennaisance sound BETTER than the mpc 60"

They already did. The MPC2000 (16bit) and every MPC that came after it. In the end, "better" is an individual opinion.
I don't understand why the option is such a bad thing. When Maschine emulated the older samplers, it was the most talked about update, but Akai does it and it's wack before the device is produced. ..I don't get it.
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 pm
Explicit- wrote:In my opinion the design is terrible.

Just the design alone is cringe worthy.
It looks like a combination of a 3000 and 2500 gone terribly wrong.
It looks very futuristic... Which is a bad thing.

The color scheme is terrible.
Grey, white, black, red.
Then it has orange and yellow lights and a blue screen?

WTF...

Outside of the pads...the color scheme is looks along the same lines as the MPC 3000/60 and 2000 XL.

It is sexy as hell to me.
By Tapuno Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:56 am
Y
roxstar wrote:"just make the rennaisance sound BETTER than the mpc 60"

They already did. The MPC2000 (16bit) and every MPC that came after it. In the end, "better" is an individual opinion.
I don't understand why the option is such a bad thing. When Maschine emulated the older samplers, it was the most talked about update, but Akai does it and it's wack before the device is produced. ..I don't get it.

But the machine failed at it, or did you miss that memo?