Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:17 am
emptysea wrote:
JAH wrote:But you are talking about an upcoming feature that NI promised about 1-2 years ago...

They didn't promise anything. They've made it known publicly more than once that it was on the development map emphasizing that it will be realtime timestretch. It's looking very good based on Time Machine Pro in Kontakt 5. Not surprised at all Akai couldn't take advantage of that situation with all that time.

JAH wrote: I wouldn't want to wait 3 years for functions that has been available in products for over 15 years.

:lol: Nobody's waiting. You can already use high quality, realtime timestretch plugins in Maschine right now that are on an entirely different level than the MPC offline timestretch.

If you make a public statement indicating you will give Maschine users realtime timestretch in June 2010...that is an implied promise.

And yes, NI Forum members have been waiting 3 years for any type of timestretch. Clearly its the #1 feature request. You know its the #1 feature request. You are talking about vaporware being high quality and better than what is already implemented in nearly all MPCs since 1999. Then in the next breath you talk about realtime timestretch plugins available for Maschine. Ummmm...you mean the same plugins you will be able to use with the MPC Ren? What are they exactly anyway?

You get another "C'mon son." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZEavGn0LqA) :P

And I do not find Maschine "better" than MPC 5000. I don't find Maschine better than the "MPC 2000XL."
By emptysea Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 am
cyrus wrote:what timestretch plugins do you recommend? I'd like to try a few.

Well ever since Time Machine Pro dropped for Kontakt 5, I haven't used anything else for timestretch and that would be my top recommendation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfImZkYm_BA&t=05m17s

Melodyne is another top option that goes far beyond timestretch. And these Reaktor ensembles are also useful for different types of timestretch and pitching loops to tempo in Maschine:
https://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=userlibrary&L=1&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=10051

Free plugins:
http://www.roughdiamondproductions.com/whiteLABEL/?r=stwETCH
http://airy.andre.online.fr/AU/index.html#speedster.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:35 am
emptysea wrote:
JAH wrote:If you make a public statement indicating you will give Maschine users realtime timestretch in June 2010...that is an implied promise.

No, they were very clear when they said "Regarding the "when" - when it's ready"
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... post697757

I said they made a promise...I didn't say they broke their promise. I can promise a girl I will love her forever...just to tell her two years later I changed my mind. Now before you get upset, I am not calling you a girl. :P
By lostsun Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 am
Lol..an idiot? I just gave my personal opinion about what i didn't like about it. Why are you guys so sensitive about what's the best machine/DAW to work with..Maschine/MPC/MV/Fruityloops?

Stop being irritated, get away from the screen & bang out some heat.

For the 3rd time..Just do you.. I don't care what people use to make music, as long as it works for you..it's fine. I gave MY opinion. If it fits in your setup and you're happy with it..thats very dope. I wish i could say that too. I just prefer my 5000. The next cat on the black would prefer Logic, etc

I could call you idiots because Maschine lacks so many basic features imo (and has some bugs), but i don't feel the urge to do that. The chopping on it is great, the way you can copy your scenes/patterns, the browsing etc.

Otherwise look around on the Maschine forums,enough people that think the same like me, or ask some dudes that get placements with it.

Anyways, don't let this thread turn into a Maschine vs. MPC Thread bashing thread. Cool off broski's and don't feel offended.

#walks back to his desk at the Akai marketing department & searches for his old forum name#
By jpeg Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:56 am
i wonder if studio has the vintage modes option?

im happy with maschine but if studio comes out at £400 or less id defo mess with it but if the reviews are good and it looks like shit all works id pay up £500.

but prolly keep the maschine and use both for a period of time and see if i wanna keep both or possibly upgrade and get a ren.

but if i got a ren it would prolly mean the end of my maschine use
By reeloy Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 pm
...the vintage option?

i guess so...we're not talking hardware here....

but i mean hey...that's crap anyway....a 3000 sounded differnet because of it's interface....

to emulate this. is just promotioncandy....

and when i saw that they gave this senseless option even three dedicated buttons on the controler, i knew there going the wrong way.....who the **** needs to jump between differnet outputemulations in realtime performance.....?

a switch in the software can do the job....on the controler i need everything i can get to perform and to give my music more realtime expression.....
the space of THREE buttons for that old school once we were worriers option is a clear sign to me, that this whole new mpc genration is nothing but fighting against maschine...

no new concept....just marketing...
By BlitZ Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 pm
does anyone know yet if the software can be purchased separately and use with an MPD or do you have to buy "MPC" to get the software?
By jpeg Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm
my thoughts on mpc studio is as follows:

I think part of the reason peeps don’t like the mpc studio as it is borderline general electronic gear like an iphone, ipad, kindle or any other tablet.

I think a unit like the mpc studio will attract many dabblers that wanna say im a producer , i got an mpc.

cos they have catered to the portable and the low price end of the market alot of peeps will hop on the mpc band wagon and act self righteous about they divine right to be a producer.

but conversely the peeps with the old mpc60 kit like the air of exclusivity they get from owning these retro pieces and almost feel like the new jacks are infringing on they territory by getting into music production and by buying into the mpc folklore.

i mean this one inch chrome finish joint is so convenient u can almost imagine some chick with the mpc tablet in her makeup bag making some lady gaga type beats.

so i see ur angle when u say it looks like a toy or u think nuakai is cheapening the brand.

but ultimately it may be marketing genius as this could make music production more mainstream then it is.
Like when game consoles became mainstream when Nintendo came with the wii or when ps2 came out with a dvd player all of a sudden games were not just for adolescent boys the market expanded to include more casual users.

i think this is what akia is looking to do with this.
By rookie Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm
first you guy's say akai is outdated, then when they make something to keep up with the times its a toy :roll: face it, hardware samplers are not making a comeback and akai realised that after the z series,(check e-mu for futher reference).I think what there doing is pretty dope,no more limited memory or hard drive space + they can upgrade the software to keep up with all the new trends.I'm sure they'll link with a major software company to intergate with their software to stay relevant.beside's who knows what 2.0 will bring.just my take.
Last edited by rookie on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By scoobylol Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm
rookie wrote:check e-mu for futher reference.

Slightly off topic, but I'm yet to see anyone re-create the E-MU Ultra Z-plane filters with any real degree of accuracy (even E-MU themselves), or re-create the sound of the non-Ultra models that were so heavily used by people like Dillinja. Afterall it was the combination of both the software and the hardware that made their sound so unique.

A few of the older DnB heads despite moving to software for the main, have started to resurrect their old samplers/outboard for just this reason.

If people are happy with an emulation then that's cool. But I honestly believe that there will always be a niche for those who prefer the genuine sound of certain units.
By rookie Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:24 pm
yeah it take's work to recreate those old sounds& filters.but thats why I like the ren with the midi ins & outs.I can keep my e-mu 4xt and other hardware sampler's.
By JAH Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 am
rookie wrote:first you guy's say akai is outdated, then when they make something to keep up with the times its a toy :roll: face it, hardware samplers are not making a comeback and akai realised that after the z series,(check e-mu for futher reference).I think what there doing is pretty dope,no more limited memory or hard drive space + they can upgrade the software to keep up with all the new trends.I'm sure they'll link with a major software company to intergate with their software to stay relevant.beside's who knows what 2.0 will bring.just my take.

You are 100% correct, in my opinion.