Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JamesJeffery Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:55 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:You have MPC chopping and sequencing on your computer that can be used as a plugin for your main DAW. That's tight to me.

Machine.
Kontakt.
Reaktor Ensembles. And if you're clever enough to write your own you can blow the MPC features out the water with Ensembles + do much much more.

Hence why I said money would better be spent on Machine and the Komplete package.

Akai used to dominate. NI catered for the software world. Akai are 5 years too late.

Seriously, how can Akai take away NI's customers when NI offers so much more than just the Maschine? Their software integrates with the Maschine and does what the original MPC did and more. NI customers have trust and love for NI. A customers trust in a company is what sells products ... the basics of marketing.

They might sway a couple of NI users but in all honesty Akai are late and there's no pulling back. The customers they do gain they will lose because they can't keep up with NI.

And that is that. NI are **** kings of this game, there is no denying that. Akai are brand new blood in this game, and NI will tear them to pieces. I doubt they are even worried.

I'm not even a Maschine fanboy. I do spend a lot of time in Reaktor, so I'm slightly bias but there is no denying what I said above.

Akai best have the greatest promotions and marketing tactics in the book, along with some corporate espionage to steal NI's database of customers ... then and only then will they have a chance to take NI.
By MeSoHordey Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm
Lampdog wrote:It seems like people just want something to hate. Maaaaan the "hidden ugly" in several people has been uncovered in the last few days.

scoobylol wrote:"Hybrid" is the new buzz word that every manufacturer is trying to jump on.

yep

There is anger. At least I feel it. I own a 1K and a 5K. Thank god I got a black 1K so I didn't have to shell out another $200 for a pad "upgrade" on a defective product. And thank god for JJ, has supported the OS. The 5K? Well even though Akai still actively sells it, I consider it unsupported. Does anyone think Akai would issue any update at this point? In my industry, we call that EOL or sunset and the consumer buys remaining product knowing that new updates won't be coming. Akai should at least have the courtesy to state that they are no longer providing any updates.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry that business people are bastardizing the MPC brand in order to sell disposable units that will likely be just as unsupported down the road as the ones they sell today. That these business people have succumbed to hyperbole unmatched since the days of AJ (what an a55), and what we really know as hard core consumers of their products is that they will never live up to the promise.
By JamesJeffery Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:23 pm
MeSoHordey wrote:
Lampdog wrote:It seems like people just want something to hate. Maaaaan the "hidden ugly" in several people has been uncovered in the last few days.

scoobylol wrote:"Hybrid" is the new buzz word that every manufacturer is trying to jump on.

yep

There is anger. At least I feel it. I own a 1K and a 5K. Thank god I got a black 1K so I didn't have to shell out another $200 for a pad "upgrade" on a defective product. And thank god for JJ, has supported the OS. The 5K? Well even though Akai still actively sells it, I consider it unsupported. Does anyone think Akai would issue any update at this point? In my industry, we call that EOL or sunset and the consumer buys remaining product knowing that new updates won't be coming. Akai should at least have the courtesy to state that they are no longer providing any updates.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry that business people are bastardizing the MPC brand in order to sell disposable units that will likely be just as unsupported down the road as the ones they sell today. That these business people have succumbed to hyperbole unmatched since the days of AJ (what an a55), and what we really know as hard core consumers of their products is that they will never live up to the promise.

Exactly. Why should anyone put their trust in a company that can't even sort out issues in it's previous products?

For example, the 5k. Why dedicate time to a new product and forget about the issues that need fixing with the 5k? That's not customer focus, that's customer negligence. That's money over customers.

Anyone scolded once by a company shouldn't even give a company a second chance until they sort their heads out.

I've worked in software development. I've worked on some pretty awful systems that were designed so poorly that it took weeks to fix problems that could have taken hours. But, even then we got the job done because we had to!

The only reason Akai could never fix a problem is if the design of the OS and the coding was so poor that it was impossible to fix anything. Systems like these are created by companies that don't have a clue. Defiantly not a company worth investing your money into.

Whats to say their DAW won't be full of bugs? Who is to say they haven't commissioned the software development? What about when they sell a load of units, pay their loans off, or invest in more units, customers uproar, they don't have the cash to get the bugs fixed .... then what?

I've always believed since Numark bought Akai that they have commissioned their software development tasks. Any normal company would spend as much as needed to get the problems fixed for it's customers.

I can see this going down hill. That's my personal preference.
By sally Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:29 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:
I can see this going down hill.
By JAH Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 am
distortedtekno wrote:Being around here as long as Nym has, it's fair to say nothing will ever change as far as any new products coming out for Akai. It's been that way since the MPC1000 hit the market, and continues with every new product thereafter. I used to be the antagonist back in the day after so many problems with the 1k and with Akai. But spewing hate didn't get me anywhere. In fact, I learned how to be more constructive by talking to Nick from VST a few years ago to come up with a plan to convince Akai to design a pad upgrade. Nick suggested that I start a petition post in the 1000 forum and sticky it. We kept everything in that topic on a positive note and just stuck with the facts that our pads are dead and we need the upgrade. Between Nick, who spoke with Akai and showed them the petition topic, and all the forum members who responded in kind, Akai saw the demand and designed the upgrade. Of course many people were complaining that it cost $180. But at least we got out pad upgrades.

The point I'm making here is similar to what Nym and Jah were saying... being proactive and constructive is a better way of handling things. Akai isn't perfect, and neither are most other companies in the industry. However, in these times where competition in the industry is stronger than ever, companies like Akai and many others are listening... they're up in these very forums taking notes, trying to get info on what people would like to see in future products. Knowing all this is a good thing. Many of the features in new products came from our suggestions. So criticism is good when done in a constructive way. It's a lot easier for a company to improve when they can cut through all the hate-posts and find all our valuable constructive criticism. :idea:

You changed :P

Well said. Everything you wrote is on point.