Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Diverse12 Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:25 am
what's up ?

Need some opinions here.
About 3 weeks ago, I was lucky enough to get a used MPC 2500 for $600, a steal IMO because it has the CD drive installed and the 128mb memory.

The dilema ......I saw the commercial for the new MPC Renaissance and I was like damn, I need that in my life instead. I've been tinkering around with the 2500, I have not given it an honest shot yet.

I was an MPC 2000XL user for years, put it down 2 years ago for Reason/Record and been banging out ever since, but I got bored using straight software so that's why I copped the 2500. Still trying to get used to the MP again

Now, I can take the 2500 back for a FULL refund by next week and have some cash towards the MPC Renaissance when it comes out.
Would you take back the 2500 and use the dough for the Renaissance OR would you hold on to the 2500 which you got for less than half the price?
By MeSoHordey Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 am
Diverse12 wrote:what's up ?

Need some opinions here.
About 3 weeks ago, I was lucky enough to get a used MPC 2500 for $600, a steal IMO because it has the CD drive installed and the 128mb memory.

The dilema ......I saw the commercial for the new MPC Renaissance and I was like damn, I need that in my life instead. I've been tinkering around with the 2500, I have not given it an honest shot yet.

I was an MPC 2000XL user for years, put it down 2 years ago for Reason/Record and been banging out ever since, but I got bored using straight software so that's why I copped the 2500. Still trying to get used to the MP again

Now, I can take the 2500 back for a FULL refund by next week and have some cash towards the MPC Renaissance when it comes out.
Would you take back the 2500 and use the dough for the Renaissance OR would you hold on to the 2500 which you got for less than half the price?

I would keep the 2500 and learn it inside and out. You'll always get what you paid for it if you decide to resell it. Chances are you'll love it.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:27 am
Keep it. I think you may have more than enough time to save money before that new MPC hits the market.