Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Coz Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:Just a simple head bob and 200 mph hands! :lol:

The kidz (and me) want to see those 200mph hands in the next vid! The latency "issues" would die down if they show that! :lol:

Love him or hate him, he's the most prolific virtuoso MPC performer out there at the moment. There's no denying he's gonna help shift units. :wink:
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 pm
Coz wrote:

The kidz (and me) want to see those 200mph hands in the next vid! The latency "issues" would die down if they show that! :lol:

Love him or hate him, he's the most prolific virtuoso MPC performer out there at the moment. There's no denying he's gonna help shift units. :wink:

Word! Lol! :lol:

Yeah! His stuffs not ALL bad. He actually has some really dope beats that I like, and his live game is impeccable. Just his percussion is too busy/harsh sometimes.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:44 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:It's not about who's relevant in the music industry. It's about quality control. When it comes to consulting a company on how to create a sampler..Large Pro is a much better person to consult with than Araab. Fools in this industry are still using Larger Professor's sampling methods.

Actually it does matter who is relevant. Akai is trying to SELL equipment to the NOW generation. You think any kid in this new generation is gonna be more influenced by Large Pro over Araab, let alone know who Large Pro even is? Sure, Large Pro may be a better consultant, but this generation doesn't know that. They know Araab. Hell, you might as well march Roger Linn's old ass up to the video shoot to do the consulting judging by what you're saying! :lol:

I'm not talking about a marketing tactic. I'm talking about making the product better. You don't need to market products to musicians. Musicians know what is good and what is not..good quality products sell...period.which is why the beat thang failed. It had the best commercial and marketing campaign..but We didn't care if Rockwilder cosigned it..we could tell its a piece of shit.

A producer didn't endorse the Motif or original MPCs. Equipment like that sales by word of mouth.

Also Roger Linn's name will sell more MPC's than Araab..., Any Araab follower will cop a 2500.if a person likes Araab's music they could care less about sound quality.
By Coz Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:which is why the beat thang failed. It had the best commercial and marketing campaign.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one... It was a ****' train wreck every time they rolled up here! :lol:
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:51 pm
Coz wrote:

I don't think so...outside of YouTube and Worldstarhiphop...nobody cares about that.

That's a producer trying to get known for some freakish circus sideshow act, becaue he can't get a name off the strength of his beats.

If that's the direction Akai is going in..trying to make MPCs for that medium...I'm cool on it.
By Coz Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:12 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:That's a producer trying to get known for some freakish circus sideshow act, becaue he can't get a name off the strength of his beats.

If that's the direction Akai is going in..trying to make MPCs for that medium...I'm cool on it.

The MPC is a performance instrument so it doesn't hurt to show a known performer actually performing with it. You and I both know the majority of the production time is spent digging into menus and editing, but that sort of stuff doesn't make for great promo videos does it?
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm
Coz wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:That's a producer trying to get known for some freakish circus sideshow act, becaue he can't get a name off the strength of his beats.

The MPC is a performance instrument so it doesn't hurt to show a known performer actually performing with it. You and I both know the majority of the production time is spent digging into menus and editing, but that sort of stuff doesn't make for great promo videos does it?

Not Araab though.

SP1200 sold because it could do things, like turn this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Y06BUXIb4

Into this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbq3axLwamE

Videos like this are bound to sell more MPCs than Araab videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcuFpIft574

No circus sideshow shit..Just true musicianship..and a tight ass beat.This is how the MP is supposed to be treated.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:It's not about who's relevant in the music industry. It's about quality control. When it comes to consulting a company on how to create a sampler..Large Pro is a much better person to consult with than Araab. Fools in this industry are still using Larger Professor's sampling methods.

Actually it does matter who is relevant. Akai is trying to SELL equipment to the NOW generation. You think any kid in this new generation is gonna be more influenced by Large Pro over Araab, let alone know who Large Pro even is? Sure, Large Pro may be a better consultant, but this generation doesn't know that. They know Araab. Hell, you might as well march Roger Linn's old ass up to the video shoot to do the consulting judging by what you're saying! :lol:

I'm not talking about a marketing tactic. I'm talking about making the product better. You don't need to market products to musicians. Musicians know what is good and what is not..good quality products sell...period.which is why the beat thang failed. It had the best commercial and marketing campaign..but We didn't care if Rockwilder cosigned it..we could tell its a piece of shit.

A producer didn't endorse the Motif or original MPCs. Equipment like that sales by word of mouth.

Also Roger Linn's name will sell more MPC's than Araab..., Any Araab follower will cop a 2500.if a person likes Araab's music they could care less about sound quality.

Yeah, everything you said is true. I'm just stating the reason why they chose Araab over someone like Large Pro, which is what your original comment pertained to! :wink:

But as for the BeatThang shit, I personally didn't buy the whole Rockwilder endorsement shit. I would bet money that he don't use that shit. He probably just got that quick check and made that one or two beats and was like **** ya'll! :lol: :lol: :lol: Plus, all those other dudes they had endorsing it, making those wack ass beats, it was doomed to fail. Then you got dudes like No ID and Ski Beats who are actually making great hit records on Maschine, the endorsements are, to me, 100% more believable and respectable and the music they demoed in the endorsement vids was incredible. I can say it helped to slightly sway me towards Maschine, once I saw what they were doing with it!

As for Roger Linn, sure he will sell to the older guys like us who know who he is. But every day there is some new bedroom beatmaker popping up with his moms laptop on youtube trying to make Araab style beats. Those kids are a dime a dozen.

But you know as well as I know, the music industry now is fast food, so quality kinda takes a back seat to marketing, as shown with the last 3 MPC models!
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:42 pm
Yeah those endorsements were basically letting you know that it's out there. "Native Instruments"rhymes with Good Quality in the Music software world so a person could buy The Maschine with confidence.

When Ski needs to do a quick beat it seems like he still pulls out that MP though.

As far as the bedroom producers most of them won't be producers tomorrow and we'll be selling that MPC on craigslist or eBay in the near future. I don't know why Akai would want to market to them instead of professional musicians. A lot of people bought MPCs because some hit records they heard were made on it and they wanted that sound..,To each his own though, I'm not mad at them.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:1. As far as the bedroom producers most of them won't be producers tomorrow and we'll be selling that MPC on craigslist or eBay in the near future. I don't know why Akai would want to market to them instead of professional musicians.

2. A lot of people bought MPCs because some hit records they heard were made on it and they wanted that sound..,To each his own though, I'm not mad at them.

1. While it is true most won't make it, they all want to, and therefore will buy it. They aren't trying to market to them only though. They are running with the whole "classic MPC" scheme along with computer integration to go after the old generation and the new. Trying to use the MPC's old legacy in combination with new technology to market to the younger generation. The youth are the main ones selling music today, at least in hiphop, as far as mainstream sales are concerned. Makes perfect sense that they would market to the same youth that creates this music that is selling right now, while still trying to hold onto the old crowd/generation with the "legendary layout and workflow". I think above all, they are after the mainstream market.

2. And now that people are seeing that a lot of today's hits are not made on MPC's, people are shifting towards software. So now these kids wanna run out and get the hottest software. Akai had to get a piece of that because hardware, believe it or not, is slowly fading away, especially in home and project studios!
By rookie Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:25 am
hardware has been fading away.trying sell some hardware back to .g.c :oops: but with this MP, I can intergrate like never b4,thats what sell it to me,the fact I can keep my old hardware.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:1. As far as the bedroom producers most of them won't be producers tomorrow and we'll be selling that MPC on craigslist or eBay in the near future. I don't know why Akai would want to market to them instead of professional musicians.

2. A lot of people bought MPCs because some hit records they heard were made on it and they wanted that sound..,To each his own though, I'm not mad at them.

1. While it is true most won't make it, they all want to, and therefore will buy it. They aren't trying to market to them only though. They are running with the whole "classic MPC" scheme along with computer integration to go after the old generation and the new. Trying to use the MPC's old legacy in combination with new technology to market to the younger generation. The youth are the main ones selling music today, at least in hiphop, as far as mainstream sales are concerned. Makes perfect sense that they would market to the same youth that creates this music that is selling right now, while still trying to hold onto the old crowd/generation with the "legendary layout and workflow". I think above all, they are after the mainstream market.

2. And now that people are seeing that a lot of today's hits are not made on MPC's, people are shifting towards software. So now these kids wanna run out and get the hottest software. Akai had to get a piece of that because hardware, believe it or not, is slowly fading away, especially in home and project studios!

That's simply not true. Rick Ross and Justice League has the game on lock. E 40 sells the most records in Cali. the successful South movement was built on MPC 60 808 samples.Araab has probably been making beats longer than me.

Not about old school. New school..it's about True School. That's what the MPC used to represent. Just thankful that the original Akai made durable machines that are lasting to this day. Nothing like that original Akai sound.

We'll see how far the Rennaissance goes.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:54 am
rookie wrote:hardware has been fading away.trying sell some hardware back to .g.c :oops: but with this MP, I can intergrate like never b4,thats what sell it to me,the fact I can keep my old hardware.

I use Software heavy, software is still somewhat hardware.Cause with my DAW I still need a hardware interface and a hardware Midi controller. The DAW just has more powerful editing tools and effects because my the CPU is more powerful.

I take advantage of both outboard gear and software..it's foolish to use one medium exclusively.
By DJ Hellfire Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:That's simply not true. Rick Ross and Justice League has the game on lock. E 40 sells the most records in Cali. the successful South movement was built on MPC 60 808 samples.Araab has probably been making beats longer than me.

Not about old school. New school..it's about True School. That's what the MPC used to represent. Just thankful that the original Akai made durable machines that are lasting to this day. Nothing like that original Akai sound.

We'll see how far the Rennaissance goes.

Yeah, but that's two guys out of thousands in the HEAVILY FLOODED hiphop market, both of which are not new comers to the industry! But I'm not talking about what it was built on. I mean where it's going. More and more producers are moving towards software; Just Blaze with Logic, Ski and No ID on Maschine, Ski on Ableton, Evidence and Sid Roams on Reason, Soulja Boy and 9th on FL, and even Dre was even pictured next to a screen full of virtual instruments, to name a few, and they are all mostly old school dudes. Sure, some of them still dabble with the MPC, but I think eventually most of them will fade; just based on how fast paced the industry has been getting and how much more efficiently software can achieve things hardware does. One of my boys who's sold a bunch of beats (to Swizz, Nas, Cassidy to name a few), had a bunch of MPC's. He was in love with his 4000, then sold it got a 2500. Now every time I go over there, the 2500 is just sitting there collecting dust. He's completely switched to Logic.

As for up and comers, there is another new producer from my area named Cardiak, who did Start It Up by Lloyd Banks and Kanye, Ya'll Don't Wanna by Fabolous and Red Cafe, as well as a bunch of shit for Ace Hood and Rick Ross/MMG, and 50 Cent, he uses FL! Even the kids that did the Drop The World beat for Wayne and Em use FL. And the kids that did Hit It In The Morning by J Cole and Drake use Logic. And that's to name a few. This is the shit that's sells right now.

So it seems like almost all the up and coming producers, at least in mainstream where the money is made and the attention of corporations are attracted, are using software. It's also apparent in the fact that Akai has been selling nothing but a bunch of wack ass controllers over the past several years and damn near completely abandoned MPC OS's!
Last edited by DJ Hellfire on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By psr Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:57 am
AntonPD wrote:
Explicit- wrote:Just Blaze would **** so bad on this machine for a review.

Remember what he said about the crappy 5k. :lol:

man that was lovely
but this mpc renaissance.. why the **** dont they give more details? they dont know yet? wtf

its just a tease marketing campaign designed to do exactly what its doing... it got us talking about the new product... building anticipation. The real info comes when the hard launch happens. You know they all hold their tongues until NAMM at very least.