Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By gertie Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:52 pm
I dont know how it works with Mashine....but I guess with the VST you would have all the features included in the controller, such as vintage mode, ability to load any type of akai model programs....

which makes me wonder.....a really cool feature of the vst would be if it can also export into an model type.....eg convert files to mpc60, mpc3k, 2kxl... format...you can only live in hope lol....
By Coz Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:01 pm
It'd be a great feature but it may be wishful thinking. The website says "Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made", which is far less impressive than it initially sounds.
By labcoats Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 am
Thank you Gertie your correct.

This is a prime example of how miss-information spreads easily.Theres a posts here or over at GS which says it can import all programme data from any MPC. I must have skimmed the part on the Akai site which says supports samples from any previous MPC because I believed it to. That was one of the features which interested me the most.

Damn, that isnt so interesting at all.
By emptysea Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:30 am
labcoats wrote:This is a prime example of how miss-information spreads easily.Theres a posts here or over at GS which says it can import all programme data from any MPC. I must have skimmed the part on the Akai site which says supports samples from any previous MPC because I believed it to. That was one of the features which interested me the most.

Damn, that isnt so interesting at all.

That would be highly ironic considering Maschine has had MPC program import (including Akai keygroups) for a while now for the following MPCs: 500/1000/2000(XL)/2500/3000/4000
By Coz Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 pm
labcoats wrote:This is a prime example of how miss-information spreads easily.

In fairness to the people who presumed it had/has full support, the video clearly states "support for ALL legacy MPC file formats", then shows a bunch of spinning MPC's to illustrate the point.

I think Akai have spun their own mis-information on this one and people have ran with it. It just shows you should always read the fine print.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:39 pm
As stated by MP3 in labcoats Ren Software thread, it would be pretty useless to load the sequences without the program. I mean, who the hell else wants to load a sequence, then sit there and re-assign each used sample to the correct pads they were played on, re-filter them, re-tune them, re-level them, re-pan them, re-ASDR them, etc all the way they were on the original MPC?! That would be highly pointless and time consuming. So speaking from what makes sense, I would be that "samples and sequences" includes program data as well!

mp3 wrote:There's really no point in importing a sequence if you can't import the program(s) that it uses.