Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By advancedbreed Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:11 pm
There's been a lot of talk regarding the MPC Ren, but I'd there any info on any of the other MPC's being released? I am assuming there will be others?
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:19 pm
advancedbreed wrote:There's been a lot of talk regarding the MPC Ren, but I'd there any info on any of the other MPC's being released? I am assuming there will be others?

There is no info yet!
By Jody Ejaz Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:46 pm
http://www.akaiprompc.com/

We still have to wait another 70+ hours for the next one to be released.

Kinda strange that they started the unveiling with the "flagship" model first and then going in to the cheaper models. They propably want to get the most buzz for the ren before the winter namm.
By advancedbreed Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:21 pm
Well, I hope we're getting a new standalone MPC as well, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm super conflicted about the Ren. If I wanted to make music on my computer, I'd just use Reason with my controller. For me, my MPC is and should be a standalone piece. That's just me though.
By b.read Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:21 pm
Maaaaaaan I think I'm going to log off for a week or two if we gotta go through all this two more times.... :lol:
By Coz Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:25 pm
Hopefully the iPad version won't leave people so confused! :lol:
By advancedbreed Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:32 pm
I told a buddy of mine about a year ago that I predict that the 5k was goog to be the last standalone model. I still think this is true. Especially now with this controller. I could be wrong of course, but the way things are looking, I'm not holding out for hope.
By JAH Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:32 pm
advancedbreed wrote: For me, my MPC is and should be a standalone piece. That's just me though.

That's what over 50% of the people in this forum said. But....the same 50% is posting in 90% of all these threads. Go figure. Folks just need to admit they got jungle fever for these new MPCs. :P

advancedbreed wrote:I told a buddy of mine about a year ago that I predict that the 5k was goog to be the last standalone model. I still think this is true. Especially now with this controller. I could be wrong of course, but the way things are looking, I'm not holding out for hope.

Let people here tell you....there is no market for a new Akai MPC.
By advancedbreed Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:45 pm
I'll admit that it does look interesting, but I'm skeptical.

I've put more hours into Reason than my MPC's historically, but lately I've been investing time into my MPC's. It's ironic now that Akai seems to be headed into the controller direction though.

In the end, I'll be using whatever feels right to me, but I can't ignore the longevity of a product. I'm going to ride this MPC thing out, but am going to keep my Reason skills sharp. With the history that Nukai has with updating their software, it's better for me to invest my time in something that is supported and less error prone.
By JAH Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm
advancedbreed wrote:it's better for me to invest my time in something that is supported and less error prone.

What's funny to me is.....if you visit the respective forums of different pieces of music production gear...you will hear all the same type of comments.
By Ill-Green Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 pm
The MPC Studio is coming out which might be the 2000XL controller kind as a standard type ish and cheaper. And then there is the MPC Fly, which is mobile sonic practices with your iPad I guess, I already call it the McFly.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:21 pm
b.read wrote:Maaaaaaan I think I'm going to log off for a week or two if we gotta go through all this two more times.... :lol:

Yeah, I can't take that again. I'll start locking threads left and right with extreme prejudice.
By b.read Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:27 pm
Sweep the leg Johnny! :D