Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Mistamixx Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 pm
Check this video out about the Renaissance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8QsmIeKcWY

I want a MPC-H (Music Production Center Hybrid) that can be used with, or without my computer. The MPC-Renaissance (Music Production Controller) is Mashine made by Akai, with more midi outs, and a built in sound card, which is great! i plan on getting one and keeping Maschine, but what we really want is a (MPC HYBRID)! Who's gonna make one first??Roland??Native Instruments??Akai??? Who??????
By MeSoHordey Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:39 pm
Beatkangz?

/runs and hides
By MeSoHordey Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Ok, I hear the MPC Studio is Maschine competition. So is the Renaissance really stand-alone or is it stand-alone in emptysea terms which is "turn off the screen"?

I personally believe the days of stand-alone are gone when it comes to Akai. I suppose it could happen, but every move they've made in the past few years has pointed to the fact that they consider themselves a controller company first and foremost. It makes sense from a business perspective. Controllers are cheaper to make, and provide a higher margin on their business. Controllers also allow them to target devices that users already own, which will bring more folks into the fold. And controllers are ideal from a support life-cycle perspective; afterall they are largely disposable. I imagine that the synth station25 has brought in more new customers to the Akai brand than any other device.

I'm actually happy about the REN. I'm anticipating a wave of cheap MPCs for a while. I'm going to buy some vintage stuff I've never owned, hopefully at a discount.
By Mistamixx Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:34 pm
MeSoHordey wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Ok, I hear the MPC Studio is Maschine competition. So is the Renaissance really stand-alone or is it stand-alone in emptysea terms which is "turn off the screen"?

I personally believe the days of stand-alone are gone when it comes to Akai. I suppose it could happen, but every move they've made in the past few years has pointed to the fact that they consider themselves a controller company first and foremost. It makes sense from a business perspective. Controllers are cheaper to make, and provide a higher margin on their business. Controllers also allow them to target devices that users already own, which will bring more folks into the fold. And controllers are ideal from a support life-cycle perspective; afterall they are largely disposable. I imagine that the synth station25 has brought in more new customers to the Akai brand than any other device.

I'm actually happy about the REN. I'm anticipating a wave of cheap MPCs for a while. I'm going to buy some vintage stuff I've never owned, hopefully at a discount.

I'm happy about the Ren as well! The 4 midi outs is one of the things i miss, because i use maschine 95% of the time. My mpc5000, and roland8000 is now eye candy. lol.. A lot of diehard mpc users is gonna be pissed when they realize the Ren is a usb pad controller with a built in audio interface.
By Mistamixx Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 pm

It has no guts. Its a usb controller/audio interface with 4 midi outs, and of course the software. Similar to maschine but the controller has more in/outs
By jpeg Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:56 pm
Mistamixx wrote:

It has no guts. Its a usb controller/audio interface with 4 midi outs, and of course the software. Similar to maschine but the controller has more in/outs

this aint a problem pretty much the only difference between a ren and a normal mp is that the processing is done on the pc, which is infinitely more powerful then any chip ud find in ur most well speced mp
By JamesJeffery Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:26 pm
jpeg wrote:
Mistamixx wrote:

this aint a problem pretty much the only difference between a ren and a normal mp is that the processing is done on the pc, which is infinitely more powerful then any chip ud find in ur most well speced mp

The MPC's are what they are because of the limitations and what they have to offer. Regardless of what product Akai release it could always be made "better" from the eyes of the user.

It's not the OS that makes great music, it's the user. I had a video of a custom made sampler with buttons to trigger and a small arranger and a bit of memory. Was created with an Ardinio. The beat created on it was fire! Yet in terms of a power it was a scientific calculator on steroids.
By Mistamixx Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:46 pm
jpeg wrote:
Mistamixx wrote:

True! this is why im gonna purchace one.
By Tommtom Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:27 pm
I have to admire Akai for not letting Maschine go
Conquer the market all alone but this is a little late in the day.
To me, the only feature that'll maaaybe tempt me to
Dip into my is studio funds is Timestretching!

Meanwhile,I'm gonna sit back and enjoy my 2500 & my Maschine controller, make music and watch all this go by until the HYBRID or better shows up.
NI are Probably tweaking prototypes as we get hyped up about all this new kit.

I was gonna sell my MPC 2500 when i heard about this new baby but after watching the video for the new toy,
imma keep her.

1Luv
By kb420ps Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:55 pm
I read somewhere yesterday that Akai was developing and planning on releasing a true MPC later this year. It will be standalone.