Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By b.read Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:18 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cotdamn...did they blow their whole marketing budget the first video masterpiece?
By MeSoHordey Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Reminds me of every time I've ever walked into Guitar Center and some guy was banging on the mpc 5000
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:48 pm
MeSoHordey wrote:Reminds me of every time I've ever walked into Guitar Center and some guy was banging on the mpc 5000

Yeah..matter of fact I seen a 13 year old kid make a better beat with the MPC 1000 at the Guitar Center.

No disrespect to Araab..he's good at what he does, but if that makes you want to buy a MP..I gotta say that you're gullible and will probably buy just about anything.
By b.read Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 pm
I don't have any qualms with them using araab...he's obviously proven to Akai to be influential to their target audience....but why put out such a shitty video? It would be one thing if the quality sucked and the song was :shock: HOOOOOOOLY SHIT THAT MADE ME CRAP MY BRITCHES! but it was nooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaand the video quality/audio quality was lacking completely. They are not using their heads at all.
By b.read Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 pm
Right about on par with the burger kangz hotel room videos... :lol:
By Jamon Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 pm
Remember when Beat Thang was news and they were posting videos like this? It feels awkward, like the person isn't actually familiar with it, and there's no point other than to prove some guy touched their thing; like they just lured him into their house, handed him a toy, and snapped a pic to post online with the caption, "look a cool kid plays with me!!1 can i be cool tooo?"

Was it just me or did it feel like timing was too loose and it was holding him back? It felt like slight latency made it mushy and he wasn't able to totally lock into the groove to launch into the finger acrobatics he kept almost doing. Seemed kind of dry, hollow, brittle, like trying to play basketball in tap shoes. Or maybe I just want to see it that way because it's funnier if they fail. ;p
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:25 pm
b.read wrote:I don't have any qualms with them using araab...he's obviously proven to Akai to be influential to their target audience....but why put out such a **** video? It would be one thing if the quality sucked and the song was :shock: HOOOOOOOLY **** THAT MADE ME **** MY BRITCHES! but it was nooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaand the video quality/audio quality was lacking completely. They are not using their heads at all.

I think this MPC was made more for Beat Battles than making quality music.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:30 pm
Jamon wrote:Was it just me or did it feel like timing was too loose and it was holding him back? It felt like slight latency made it mushy and he wasn't able to totally lock into the groove to launch into the finger acrobatics he kept almost doing. Seemed kind of dry, hollow, brittle, like trying to play basketball in tap shoes. Or maybe I just want to see it that way because it's funnier if they fail. ;p

I doubt it. Those were most likely stock sounds, like the crap that came on the 2500, and not his own sounds. Plus the video quality is ass and looks to be shot from someones blackberry or something, which aren't known for precise audio and video sync!