Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 am
MoreBuck$ wrote:One word... ****

You can always tell when a music company is solely about making a profit rather than trying to advance the game, Companies like Apogee, Apple, and Native Instruments are more concerned with advancing music technology, they know the money will follow.

The New Akai is just out to make a quick buck
By MoreBuck$ Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 am
It's because he's been the victim of some sort of sexual assault
By DJ Hellfire Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:48 am
Retrofreak wrote:Araab doesn't seem himself on these clips, the whole thing seems awkward.

I think it's mainly because he's forced to use the shitty ass Akai sounds. :lol: Those obviously aren't sounds he'd normally use! Looks to me like one of those things where you make the best of the cards you were dealt! :lol: :lol:
By labcoats Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:56 am
I just dont understand this company at times. From the teenage Akai rep tweeting in broken language to a video made on a phone. Is this their strategy for world domination. This is not good enough at all considering the interest.
By DJ Hellfire Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:02 am
labcoats wrote:I just dont understand this company at times. From the teenage Akai rep tweeting in broken language to a video made on a phone. Is this their strategy for world domination. This is not good enough at all considering the interest.

Lol! It's just like I was saying in the Just Blaze thread, their marketing strategy ain't for us! :lol: It's for the youth. You should see the way my 12 year old sister writes on facebook. It would give you a **** migraine trying to read it! She claims it's faster, but I'm like, if I have to concentrate to read it, you must have to concentrate even harder to type that way! The weird thing is she's a straight A student in a prestigious charter school, and has even skipped ahead one grade! But that's the youth! I guess it could be worse; she could be a gang banger! :lol:
By mr_debauch Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:37 am
remember the trend of new people coming here and typing with jamaican accents while doing the cApS oN CaPs OfF thing a while back? hahaha, glad that died down...
By JAH Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 am
b.read wrote:I don't have any qualms with them using araab...he's obviously proven to Akai to be influential to their target audience....but why put out such a **** video? It would be one thing if the quality sucked and the song was :shock: HOOOOOOOLY **** THAT MADE ME **** MY BRITCHES! but it was nooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaand the video quality/audio quality was lacking completely. They are not using their heads at all.

Because they knew you would be here writing about it.

Say what you must about Araab (talking to everyone in general) but he is a perfect person to consult with as he is a producer and live performer who uses an MPC. So if the MPC-Ren met his expectation for responsiveness and pad/build quality, it should meet quality expectations of MPC users.....real MPC users.

This home video quality demo is exactly what is needed so you can see it in real time without editing like shown in the polished official teaser. It looks even more impressive...its a full sized MPC with a lower profile.
By brucker Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:04 am
yes, dudes the perfect guy to be shown playing with it,...

except from his body language he doesnt look too impressed.

and what they havent shown, in the two videos they've posted with him in it, is him doing what he's famous for, his superduper coked up robot fingerbanging of the mpc.

whatever could the reason be ?

:mrgreen:
By Explicit- Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:37 am
labcoats wrote:I just dont understand this company at times. From the teenage Akai rep tweeting in broken language to a video made on a phone. Is this their strategy for world domination. This is not good enough at all considering the interest.

Yea compare this video to what NI has for the Maschine.

Maschine is already winning this battle.
By 713_HOU_TX Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 am
JAH wrote:
b.read wrote:I don't have any qualms with them using araab...he's obviously proven to Akai to be influential to their target audience....but why put out such a **** video? It would be one thing if the quality sucked and the song was :shock: HOOOOOOOLY **** THAT MADE ME **** MY BRITCHES! but it was nooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaand the video quality/audio quality was lacking completely. They are not using their heads at all.

Because they knew you would be here writing about it.

Say what you must about Araab (talking to everyone in general) but he is a perfect person to consult with as he is a producer and live performer who uses an MPC. So if the MPC-Ren met his expectation for responsiveness and pad/build quality, it should meet quality expectations of MPC users.....real MPC users.

This home video quality demo is exactly what is needed so you can see it in real time without editing like shown in the polished official teaser. It looks even more impressive...its a full sized MPC with a lower profile.

:lol: That was jahrome recording the video from his blackberry.
By LooseLeaf Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 am
I really dont get the whole appeal of arrab, I mean people get so wowed by him and are so impressed but its not really anything. If you have any musically backround, specifically in drums you can tell its not really a big deal, hes not that good. Its mostly just 14 year olds who havent picked up an instrument in their life that buy an mpc and think hes a god cause he can play 16th notes...
I do have to say the renaissance is a bit intriguing, its probably the best evolution in computer/hardware thats come out. Im not gonna knock it just cause I love hardware, I think the computer/hardware world has alot to offer, I just dont like what i've heard from the sound quality.
By JAH Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 am
I never understand why people knock what others are doing. If you were a live performer and you want to call him out and challenge him....let's see it. If he's not anything....let's see you perform and do better. We have way too many critics on various subjects and people on this site. Show and prove. Otherwise...in hip hop....talkin side ways sounds a lot like jealousy, envy, and hate, etc.