Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By labcoats Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:54 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
labcoats wrote:I just dont understand this company at times. From the teenage Akai rep tweeting in broken language to a video made on a phone. Is this their strategy for world domination. This is not good enough at all considering the interest.

Lol! It's just like I was saying in the Just Blaze thread, their marketing strategy ain't for us! :lol: It's for the youth. You should see the way my 12 year old sister writes on facebook. It would give you a **** migraine trying to read it! She claims it's faster, but I'm like, if I have to concentrate to read it, you must have to concentrate even harder to type that way! The weird thing is she's a straight A student in a prestigious charter school, and has even skipped ahead one grade! But that's the youth! I guess it could be worse; she could be a gang banger! :lol:

Yeah your probably right about that 8)
By JAH Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:57 am
Its short hand. You fellaz are sounding old and dated.
By sally Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 am
jpeg wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysifmlhL8l8

araab!
only layers, mutes and simults??
but akai!
this video is so bad....
is this akaipro?
yes, it´s pathetic, sorry.
By jpeg Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 am
for me nothing against araab he seem like a good dude, im just saying akai aint really showing the unit in the best light with this vid, the first vid had me interested but this one partly cos the stock sounds are shit like listen to the stock drums in maschine the shit sounds hard.

so im saying akai could of made the shit sound better by setting up the environment with better sounds and studio speakers to have more impact cos the shit is looking a bit thin.
By JAH Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:52 am
No long time MPC user or member on this forum buys MPCs for stock sample libraries...nor do they buy MPCs because of a commercia or marketingl. We certainly don't buy MPCs because "X" celebrity uses or don't uses it. Truth be told, many of us had our specific MPCs before "X" producer got his/her hands on one.

So if you fit in one of the two categories...and making head scratching comments...rethink what you are actually saying.
By jpeg Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 pm
JAH wrote:No long time MPC user or member on this forum buys MPCs for stock sample libraries...nor do they buy MPCs because of a commercia or marketingl. We certainly don't buy MPCs because "X" celebrity uses or don't uses it. Truth be told, many of us had our specific MPCs before "X" producer got his/her hands on one.

So if you fit in one of the two categories...and making head scratching comments...rethink what you are actually saying.

of course u dont buy an mpc for stock sounds but we wanna hear whatever being outputed is knocking and has some weight to it, using them thin stock sounds does not demonstrate this.

just seeing dude randomly press pads does not show any indication of the sonic range of the unit.

the sound output by a sampler in the case of the 3000 and 60 is altered slightly, im saying akai would do well to shot how those modes impact the stock sounds.

again at this stage we can onyl give initial impressions based on th elimited info that is available so alot fo what everyone says wont be acurate.
By b.read Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:12 pm
To say this:

JAH wrote:
b.read wrote:I don't have any qualms with them using araab...he's obviously proven to Akai to be influential to their target audience....but why put out such a **** video? It would be one thing if the quality sucked and the song was :shock: HOOOOOOOLY **** THAT MADE ME **** MY BRITCHES! but it was nooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaand the video quality/audio quality was lacking completely. They are not using their heads at all.

Because they knew you would be here writing about it.

Say what you must about Araab (talking to everyone in general) but he is a perfect person to consult with as he is a producer and live performer who uses an MPC. So if the MPC-Ren met his expectation for responsiveness and pad/build quality, it should meet quality expectations of MPC users.....real MPC users.

This home video quality demo is exactly what is needed so you can see it in real time without editing like shown in the polished official teaser. It looks even more impressive...its a full sized MPC with a lower profile.

And then this

JAH wrote:No long time MPC user or member on this forum buys MPCs for stock sample libraries... nor do they buy MPCs because of a commercia or marketingl. We certainly don't buy MPCs because "X" celebrity uses or don't uses it. Truth be told, many of us had our specific MPCs before "X" producer got his/her hands on one.

Makes no sense... :lol: Dude just stop... they released such a garbage video because they "knew we'd be talking about it" ? Pffffffft they have their heads up their asses and you will not admit it. :!:

JAH wrote:You fellaz are sounding old and dated.

:lol: If shitty, poor quality promotional videos that show nothing are fresh and new then damn...I'll just be old and dated thank you muchly. 8)
By b.read Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:13 pm
**** wrote:
b.read wrote:Right about on par with the burger kangz hotel room videos... :lol:

pics or it didn´t happen :mrgreen:

They indeed did post a similarly shitty video from a hotel room...but atleast theirs showed a few things about that damn hardware. :?
By JamesJeffery Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:23 pm
It's likely Araab was offered a nice lump of cash to appear in the video. These days people rarely endorse something with the cash.

As for the beat in the video, it was poor. They should have got that dude to do his "clockwork" track on it. I doubt anyone can say they enjoyed the beat in the video. As far as promo videos go, for a piece of music gear, they should be really showing their colours.

Maybe Araab struggled to use the Ren. and the beat you hear is the best he could do on it. He's certainly done much better on his MPC videos, even when he's jamming with Alchemist in the studio his beats sounded tight.

There's only 2 reasons why the poor beat on the video was put on it.

1) Araab found it hard to use and that was his best on the Ren.
2) Araab was told what samples to use, and what to perform.

Either away both would indicate he was getting paid. What producer would actively release junk knowing they've done much better?
By b.read Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:26 pm
Orrrrrrrrr he showed up to play on it, some dipshit took some footage of him just fartin' around and threw it on youtube. Either way, not a good look for Akai or the new piece.
By b.read Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 pm
ewwwwww :lol:

My 3000 is female...thank god. Can't have no mpc circle jerks goin' on at my house. :?