Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By b.read Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 pm
That must've been what happened...damn nasty bastards :lol:

Yeah...picked one up awhile back... :)
By JAH Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:26 pm
b.read wrote:To say this:

JAH wrote:
b.read wrote:I don't have any qualms with them using araab...he's obviously proven to Akai to be influential to their target audience....but why put out such a **** video? It would be one thing if the quality sucked and the song was :shock: HOOOOOOOLY **** THAT MADE ME **** MY BRITCHES! but it was nooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaand the video quality/audio quality was lacking completely. They are not using their heads at all.

Because they knew you would be here writing about it.

Say what you must about Araab (talking to everyone in general) but he is a perfect person to consult with as he is a producer and live performer who uses an MPC. So if the MPC-Ren met his expectation for responsiveness and pad/build quality, it should meet quality expectations of MPC users.....real MPC users.

This home video quality demo is exactly what is needed so you can see it in real time without editing like shown in the polished official teaser. It looks even more impressive...its a full sized MPC with a lower profile.

And then this

JAH wrote:No long time MPC user or member on this forum buys MPCs for stock sample libraries... nor do they buy MPCs because of a commercia or marketingl. We certainly don't buy MPCs because "X" celebrity uses or don't uses it. Truth be told, many of us had our specific MPCs before "X" producer got his/her hands on one.

So if you fit in one of the two categories...and making head scratching comments...rethink what you are actually saying.

Makes no sense... :lol: Dude just stop... they released such a garbage video because they "knew we'd be talking about it" ? Pffffffft they have their heads up their asses and you will not admit it. :!:

JAH wrote:You fellaz are sounding old and dated.

:lol: If ****, poor quality promotional videos that show nothing are fresh and new then damn...I'll just be old and dated thank you muchly. 8)

IMO, they are doing everything they need to market. The fact that you are here after still talking about it...they have done their job. The buzz is in every forum. Good or bad everybody is talking. Gearz Slutz thread has over 20,000 views. We are living in a social media silly. You Tube videos....tweets....expect more of this before and after the release. I may even put up some videos.

Are you saying MPC-heads buy MPCs because of stock samples? And yes, as an MPC-head, I have owned most of the new models prior to producer "X".
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:44 pm
I like my MPCs coming with no sounds. I don't know why Akai added those cheesy sounds to the Flash ROM in new MPCs.

But these sounds on the Ren are almost Casio-like. No attention to detail.
By b.read Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:44 pm
JAH wrote:
IMO, they are doing everything they need to market. The fact that you are here after still talking about it...they have done their job. The buzz is in every forum. Good or bad everybody is talking. Gearz Slutz thread has over 20,000 views. We are living in a social media silly. You Tube videos....tweets....expect more of this before and after the release.

Again, I have no problem with them using Araab and I understand "buzz"... but you're missing my initial point, which was: to put out such a shitty video like this in order to "get people talking" is not a smart move. The conversations they are starting are not ones that are helping them. :?

JAH wrote: I may even put up some videos.

I am looking forward to them. :)

JAH wrote:Are you saying MPC-heads buy MPCs because of stock samples? And yes, as an MPC-head, I have owned most of the new models prior to producer "X".

Not at all...I simply thought it was contradictory of you to say they posted these godawful videos to get us talking, but then to say that no long-time mpc user buys an mpc because of a commercial or marketing. I agree with your last statement, but then why are they posting these videos to get "us" talking? Catch my drift? :lol:
By JAH Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 am
Akai has us talking regardless of what people feel about the videos. This is the most talked about product making its debut at Namm then I have ever seen. Can you name another product that has been talked about this much?

As far as sounds, I am sure the J Lo samples is not part of the Ren's sample library. Let's actually hear the content before judging it....and besides...if you are a Maschine user and plan on switching to the MPC Ren...you can use your Maschine sounds in Ren as they are .wav files.
By JamesJeffery Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:05 am
JAH wrote:Akai has us talking regardless of what people feel about the videos. This is the most talked about product making its debut at Namm then I have ever seen. Can you name another product that has been talked about this much?

Yes. The Access Virus, DSI Tempest, Octatrack, Maschine (sorry had to drop it in there). All were discussed at large before their release. There's loads more but that's just off the top of my head.

Social Media Marketing. Nothing new about it.

JAH wrote:As far as sounds, I am sure the J Lo samples is not part of the Ren's sample library. Let's actually hear the content before judging it....

Your ears must not be functioning correctly because Araabs performance was poor. But we all know Araab isn't a poor performer. The blame is on the Ren. If can't handle his pace. The video is littered with negativity and the vote bar is turning into a light saber.
By Prah_860_ Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 am
He finally realized how dumb he was for getting that dipset tattoo.... :lol: :lol:
By cyrus Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 am
JAH wrote:
b.read wrote:I don't have any qualms with them using araab...he's obviously proven to Akai to be influential to their target audience....but why put out such a **** video? It would be one thing if the quality sucked and the song was :shock: HOOOOOOOLY **** THAT MADE ME **** MY BRITCHES! but it was nooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaand the video quality/audio quality was lacking completely. They are not using their heads at all.

Because they knew you would be here writing about it.

Say what you must about Araab (talking to everyone in general) but he is a perfect person to consult with as he is a producer and live performer who uses an MPC. So if the MPC-Ren met his expectation for responsiveness and pad/build quality, it should meet quality expectations of MPC users.....real MPC users.

This home video quality demo is exactly what is needed so you can see it in real time without editing like shown in the polished official teaser. It looks even more impressive...its a full sized MPC with a lower profile.

because everyone is going to finger bang the shit like araab?! gimme a break. I'm not hating on araab, he does his thing, he's good at it (i like his work)......but thats not all the mpc was made for and not how all producers want to use the fcking thing. Without good software, tight integration, good workflow.....who gives a **** about banging on the pads a million miles an hour. He could do that with an mpd18 connected to a win 95 box.

All i ever see from araab is pad seizures. I dont entirely trust that he does all his sample editing in the mpc. who knows, he could be downloading youtube videos, editing them in protools, then loading them up in his mpc. point is, lets see some more indepth mpc usage.

I want to see chopping, arranging, sequencing, sample editing, vinyl sampling, etc.
By cyrus Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:55 am
JAH wrote:No long time MPC user or member on this forum buys MPCs for stock sample libraries...

this is a true statement..but look:

1.akai is competing with maschine that has a good library, cant deny it, its pretty damn good
2.they have the sound library listed on thier site as a selling point, wether you like it or not its going to be a deciding factor
3.we are dealing with audio heads here. people who are buying it for music production.....why would you not at bare minimum have better sound quality in the video?
4.what were they thinking? we have no pics, no audio examples, only 1 video prior to this video, you think we were going to talk about the color of araabs hat? all we have to go off of is this video, and by the looks of it, the sounds are crap.........and if the sounds are crap, why would i expect the rest of the product to be any better?
5.if akai has araab listed, why are we not hearing araab's sounds that come bundled on the product? wait. they dont?
By m:t:c Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 am
I want to see chopping, arranging, sequencing, sample editing, vinyl sampling, etc.

NAMM better deliver or more rage will ensue I think :D :wink:
By JAH Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 am
cyrus wrote:
1.akai is competing with maschine that has a good library, cant deny it, its pretty damn good

I rather listen to Araab's finger ****** the pads. :lol:

I have the library...I can say it sounds no better or worst that any other library regardless of the NI videos with [favorite producer here] talking about the sounds.
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:51 pm
I have yet to see a tight beat making video with the Maschine, displaying its "awesome sounds."

On another note. Since AkaiPro loves Araab so much, and all these beat battle videos. I wonder why they stopped selling the 2500. It seems like that is all those cats use. Why would they discontinue what is perceived to be their most popular product?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm
Poor video, but I feel the marketing for the Ren is working regardless. IMO, got to be the best marketing campaign Akai have ever set in motion. If they can back it up with a killer product, job done. If the product sucks, or is littered with bugs that never get fixed, then... well you know the rest.