Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By labcoats Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:19 am
Im in the UK. I stayed up all night for a 55 second video...I probably need some help :lol:

yeah, software does look pretty comprehensive. All the slicing, pitching, bit reduction, time stretch etc is there. Im quite confident the sequencer will be up to par as well.
Ok, I'm off to sleep now
By Coz Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:26 am
It looks like there will be a lot more mouse clicking than controller operation with how it's laid out.
By emptysea Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 am
Coz wrote:It looks like there will be a lot more mouse clicking than controller operation with how it's laid out.

Yup. That's the impression I got as well.

Also, you can tell in the MPC Studio video that the timestretch will be an offline process unlike the timestretch coming to Maschine which NI has said will be in realtime.
By DJ Hellfire Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:38 am
Coz wrote:It looks like there will be a lot more mouse clicking than controller operation with how it's laid out.

I don't really care. Doesn't bother me! Some shit is just quicker with the mouse!

emptysea wrote:
Also, you can tell in the MPC Studio video that the timestretch will be an offline process unlike the timestretch coming to Maschine which NI has said will be in realtime.

Got a link on info for that update?
By glide Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:41 am
Well ... Its still got the arrows and data wheel ,,, My guess is you can get away with using the mouse... My qestion is hows the sampling engine ..z8? It states it can load all formatts .. I love my 4k and that has a lot to do with its flexibility and modulation (?)...

Im thrilled about this move by akai ... Always wanted to get into softwhere and vst's more, but I just hated all the sequencers.. Now We got a mpc that has all the benefits of the pc world and I don't have to change my workflow ....BRAVO AKAI!!!!!!!

I frikking love thiss new range .. Getting the studio asap!
By emptysea Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:47 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:Got a link on info for that update?

"Timestretching is on our development roadmap, as a real-time feature, not just an offline process in the sample editor."
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=12

glide wrote:Well ... Its still got the arrows and data wheel ,,, My guess is you can get away with using the mouse...

You can see the mixer fader being moved by a mouse cursor in the MPC Studio video.
By JAH Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:58 am
Two things to highlight.....

1. Did you see the programming screen shot? All parameterss layering, filters, envelopes, etc on one page...no multiple pages like you have with Maschine.

2. This is not really suprising.....but it has all the basic sample editing features of current MPCs....check out the video 15 seconds in. It even has the #1 requested feature in the MV Forum.

Akai just did a Tebow pose. :lol:
By Lampdog Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:00 am
This is going to be a must buy for me before I head out again.
By damien907 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 am
i dotn really understand what all the hype is about "realtime" timestretching, so you can listen to your track at the same time as stretching your chops?

why cant you wait a few seconds to stretch all of them to the tempo you want then arrange your chops like that?

dont most of you use small chops anyway? i could see the appeal of timestretching a loop or something in real time, but 8th notes and quarter notes? ill just do my offline timestretching like i have always done.

also for those of you that said it seems like alot of mouse clicks, i think that they would make all those goofy looking silver saucers assignable to the paramater you are on wouldent you think?

there seems to be at least a few dedicated buttons, so i dont see TOO much to worry about in that regard.

it looks portable, and thats a major selling factor for me, im probably gonna get one of these over the bigger model.

that metronome gain knob does look slick.

overall, the program looks like it was thought out, from what little we've seen, cant wait till the 19th and they announce a little more about it or give a little demo or something.
i really hope they nailed this one!

now about those pads, you think they will be replaceable? thats my main concern, other than the program working smoothly.
By emptysea Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 am
damien907 wrote:i dotn really understand what all the hype is about "realtime" timestretching, so you can listen to your track at the same time as stretching your chops?

why cant you wait a few seconds to stretch all of them to the tempo you want then arrange your chops like that?

If you're familiar with how Ableton Live's audio warping works, then you'll understand.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:06 am
During a live performance which some people here do, live and direct ts'ing is preferred for them and their shows ya dig.
By JAH Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 am
[Take a look at it again. I am not sure why be insist that there will be a lot of mouse clicking. The MPC Studio has more controllers than the MPC 1000. It will certainly have some button mashing (like all MPCs)...and using the mouse as an option can improve workflow for sure.
By DJ Hellfire Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:16 am
damien907 wrote:i dotn really understand what all the hype is about "realtime" timestretching, so you can listen to your track at the same time as stretching your chops?

dont most of you use small chops anyway? i could see the appeal of timestretching a loop or something in real time, but 8th notes and quarter notes? ill just do my offline timestretching like i have always done.

Sometimes the right timestretch setting to get a certain sample to fit the way you want may not be according to the tempo. So I found often that I would sometimes have to stretch and undo and redo a stretch until I got it to fit how I want. With real time I'm guessing you can just loop a section and stretch the sample as it plays til it fits! Kinda like Elastic Audio in Pro Tools!
By Coz Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 am
damien907 wrote:also for those of you that said it seems like alot of mouse clicks, i think that they would make all those goofy looking silver saucers assignable to the paramater you are on wouldent you think?

I think it's the way they showed the software being controlled exclusively by a mouse rather than the controller. For something that is supposed to be tightly integrated it just seems a bit strange. Even in a 1 minute video they could have showed the different screens being switched from the hardware.

It's no biggie anyway, just an observation.