Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Coz Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:46 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:Lack of a tilt screen puts me off.

Me too.

It could easily end up being a Maschine replacement for me though.
By damien907 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:56 am
i do wish it had tilt screen, although i think i could get by without it, i did for so long with a mpc 500, and also brieftly with my 1k, but i have learned to love it on my 2500.

but this one will enable me to make beats sitting on my couch without my legs falling asleep cause of the weight. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:57 am
I would think the ac adapter on the back has to be for power since I really don't think usb power alone is enough to sustain that thing.
By emptysea Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 am
Lampdog wrote:I would think the ac adapter on the back has to be for power since I really don't think usb power alone is enough to sustain that thing.

Seems more like Akai's engineering shortcoming considering the APC40 also has to be plugged into an outlet while Novation Launchpad can be usb bus powered much like these new MPCs needing AC adapters while Maschine is usb bus powered.
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 am
emptysea wrote:
Lampdog wrote:I would think the ac adapter on the back has to be for power since I really don't think usb power alone is enough to sustain that thing.

Seems more like Akai's engineering shortcoming considering the APC40 also has to be plugged into an outlet while Novation Launchpad can be usb bus powered much like these new MPCs needing AC adapters while Maschine is usb bus powered.

or the apc40 requires more than 5 volts?
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:Lack of a tilt screen puts me off. The 1000 used to murder my neck! If it weren't for the ebay stand for the Maschine, I probably would be a hunchback! :lol:

The 1k doesn't need a tilt screen..not when I can tilt the whole unit and rest it on my lap.
By distortedtekno Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:03 am
mr_debauch wrote:
emptysea wrote:

or the apc40 requires more than 5 volts?

yeah, i had an apc20 and it had either a 9v or 12v adaptor.

This new controller looks nice. I can fit it perfectly under the Axiom 49 since i put the MoPads under it and the 1000. Then I can just slide it from right under and start bangin' away. I really hope this whole line of hybrids maintain a long life, as Maschine has been growing strong for 3 years. Akai definitely put themselves in a situation where they really have no choice but to stay on top of this for a long time to come. We're in for a lot of interesting things in the software market this year from what's been popping up so far. But this is definitely getting more of my attention at the moment.
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:06 am
I think everybody would have had the same response to The Ren if the build up wasn't so big, and AKAI didn't claim they were about to change the way music was created forever.
By damien907 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 am
alot of things that are bus powered also have a separate wall plug in spot.