Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By emptysea Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:18 am
Jamon wrote:Because really, if it weren't for needing to try to carry over the power from the MPC fetish that's already established, then there'd be no good reason to build what they did. If you started from scratch, and actually tried to build what's best for the craft, you know you wouldn't come up with the MPC as it looks, with its hardware controls of the type they are, with the same function keys and text interface. You'd come up with something revolutionary, that had more efficient workflow.

Yup. That's what I've been saying as well. Nukai was more interested in saving their MPC brand asset rather than actually innovating to change the game like NI did.

Anyway, if you look at the screenshot of the software, the CPU meter is high as hell! :lol: :

Unfortunately for Akai, it doesn't appear that these new "MPC"s will let you get away from the computer as much as Maschine does in the way you can do pretty much everything from the hardware without having to touch a mouse and even have the computer screen turned off.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:30 am
emptysea wrote:
Jamon wrote:Because really, if it weren't for needing to try to carry over the power from the MPC fetish that's already established, then there'd be no good reason to build what they did. If you started from scratch, and actually tried to build what's best for the craft, you know you wouldn't come up with the MPC as it looks, with its hardware controls of the type they are, with the same function keys and text interface. You'd come up with something revolutionary, that had more efficient workflow.

Yup. That's what I've been saying as well. Nukai was more interested in saving their MPC brand asset rather than actually innovating to change the game like NI did.

Anyway, if you look at the screenshot of the software, the CPU meter is high as hell! :lol: :

Unfortunately for Akai, it doesn't appear that these new "MPC"s will let you get away from the computer as much as Maschine does in the way you can do pretty much everything from the hardware without having to touch a mouse and even have the computer screen turned off.

That is very inaccurate. Did you use this MPC already?

Let me help you out and explain to you about MPCs.

Grid editor of the sequencer. All recent MPCs have a Grid Editor of some sort. Its behind the scenes working unless you go into that mode. What you are looking at is a large in color representation of what MPCs already have. 100% controllable from the controller.

Mixer. All recent MPCs have mixers. 100% controllable via the hardware. Again this is working behind the scenes. You don't have to view the mixer unless you want to.

Browser. This is an improvement as MPCs don't fully work in the Load/Save modes. And loading and saving can be done completely on the hardware like all MPCs. Maschine can not import 3rd party sounds into its libarary from its controller.

But its obvious that you want to spread untruths..and I will play your game. What function do you see in this screen shot won't allow you to control it completely from the hardware?
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 am
JAH wrote:Did you use this MPC already?

have you? because it seems you know everything that can be done from the controller... that sounds odd since it isn't out yet.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:33 am
mr_debauch wrote:
JAH wrote:Did you use this MPC already?

have you? because it seems you know everything that can be done from the controller... that sounds odd since it isn't out yet.

I don't mind helping you out with this one. Look at the controller:

Do you see anything missing that past MPCs had? Its hard to see but look at the LCD. Doesn't it look just like every other MPC?

So what have you see that would make you believe that a function can't be done with the controller? The data wheel, cursor and F buttons can navigate to any field in the LCD and make adjustments. Just like every other MPC ever created.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 am
JAH wrote:So what have you see that would make you believe that a function can't be done with the controller?

well personally I am not allergic to the mouse like some users... so I wasn't actually looking out for those types of things..

but nice try at deflecting the question...

now have you tried the mpc ren yet or are you talking assumptions as though it's fact when the product has not been released yet? Just curious to know if when I am reading your posts, it's from someone who knows inside info on an unreleased product?
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:03 am
mr_debauch wrote:
JAH wrote:So what have you see that would make you believe that a function can't be done with the controller?

well personally I am not allergic to the mouse like some users... so I wasn't actually looking out for those types of things..

but nice try at deflecting the question...

now have you tried the mpc ren yet or are you talking assumptions as though it's fact when the product has not been released yet? Just curious to know if when I am reading your posts, it's from someone who knows inside info on an unreleased product?

The only thing I will say is that in this MPC and every MPC ever created, you can navigate to any field using the cursor keys and F1 buttons. There are dedicated buttons to enter every mode. The data wheel can be used to change any parameter that the cursor is on. The Q-link knobs controls qlink parameters. This is not a trade secret..common knowledge if you know MPCs. I answered your question about the MPC.

Now what function have you seen that you don't believe it can be controlled from the hardware?
By sally Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 am
JAH wrote:The data wheel can be used to change any parameter that the cursor is on.

:lol:

JAH wrote:The only thing I will say

ok, you do not say anything else, from now?

you here as a wooden wedge
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:01 pm
JAH wrote:
Now what function have you seen that you don't believe it can be controlled from the hardware?

we haven't seen any functions yet.

that is why I was wondering if you knew inside info... or are you just speculating..
By mp3 Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:57 pm
Jamon wrote:Essay #3

So basically, you don't know much about the MPC, you don't click with its interface, you don't like it much, you don't get what the big deal is, and you don't really see the point in bringing it into the software world.

Okay. You could have said that in, oh, let's say 42 words... :lol:

You should try the Octatrack.
By sharod88 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:11 pm
emptysea wrote:

Just curious But why do you feel these new mpc's won't let you get away from the computer screen much as Maschine does?
By emptysea Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:21 pm
sharod88 wrote:Just curious But why do you feel these new mpc's won't let you get away from the computer screen much as Maschine does?

You can tell a lot just by comparing the controller interface for both Maschine and these new MPCs. While Maschine was designed from the ground up for the software and and hardware to work together seamlessly, what Akai has done is making a controller with a typical layout of hardware MPCs and tacked on a whole new computer software that no MPCs were designed to control. And the fact that they're controllig the software with the mouse in the MPC Studio video doesn't help either.
By mp3 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 pm
emptysea wrote:what Akai has done is making a controller with a typical layout of hardware MPCs and tacked on a whole new computer software that no MPCs were designed to control.

You're making a pretty big leap of logic there.
emptysea wrote:And the fact that they're controllig the software with the mouse in the MPC Studio video doesn't help either.

That fact says nothing definite.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:27 pm
sharod88 wrote:
emptysea wrote:

Just curious But why do you feel these new mpc's won't let you get away from the computer screen much as Maschine does?

For one...everything in this screen shot is graphic representation of what MPCs already have. You are looking at a fiile browser, drum grid, and a mixer. On the MPC 5000, all these functions can be controller via Q-link sliders and knobs as well as the cursor keys and data wheel. For example.....the MPC 5000s Qlinks sliders or knobs can control its mixers channel strips. But you can also navigate to different channel strips by pressing the cursor buttons and then using the data wheel to control the channel strips. Another example would be in sample editing. MPC 5000/2500/1000 has Qlinks dedicated to adjust a sample's start/end points. But you can also navigate to the sample start/end fields using the cursor buttons and using the data wheel to adjust them. Two ways.

For two...and this is a very good one....how can anyone claim that Maschine can be controlled 100% from its controller but the MPC Ren can't? The MPC Ren's controller has more dedicated knobs and buttons than Maschine has. So why would it have less control?

Naysayers keep avoiding a simple question. What have you see in a screen shot that would make you believe it can't be controlled via the MPC Ren's hardware?
By sally Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:17 am
___[features and specifications on the back]__
__Can MPC reputation transfer into software?__
By MeSoHordey Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:57 pm
sally wrote:___[features and specifications on the back]__
__Can MPC reputation transfer into software?__

Whats the ominous red button for, Sally? :shock: