Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By ArKyve-31 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:06 pm
Other than providing a program that can read all mpc model files, these do nothing that the previous models can't do. If you're up on your midi game then you've controlling your daws via mpc's already, and the fact that these models are reported not standalone means to me they shouldn't even be call "MPC's". Is everyone really going to rely on these new models and their computers to do the A/D conversion and bit compression :lol: Thats a huge part of what made vintage mpc's and sp12's so famous. No hate to those that go and buy them, but these in no way are game changers or anything mind blowing. I'm actually hugely disappointed in the "Mpc" releases. I'm also annoyed how every thread is about this shit its killed the forum for me, everywhere I go, or read its either about the REN or Tim Tebow :roll: :lol:
By scoobylol Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm
Completely agree, but if you have this opinion you're an Akai hater according to JAH.

The Fly looks interesting but they've completely overlooked a serious niche in the market, for reasons I mentioned in its specific thread.

Ark you might be interested in the comp I suggested somewhere else in Off Topic, just to break up the monotony of those types of topic.
By scoobylol Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:16 pm
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=151025

Holla at a playaaaaaaa...

Just an idea really because I feel the same way about the forums. This recent upstart in Renaissance related threads seems to have pushed away a few regulars of late. I have discussed it with b.read too, he seems to share a similar view, but I should let him speak for himself.

Anyhow that's the idea Ark. Would be cool for your input! Pretty sure Es-K is up for any chance to switch his MPC on at any second of the day haha. The man's a machine! :lol:
By Coz Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:18 pm
My plan to get the BEAST (4k) back on its feet hasn't changed one bit. The 'Studio' version from the new range could potentially replace Maschine though, while also acting as a nice companion to the 4k.
By labcoats Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:21 pm
Im going to get one (probably) but Im under no illusions at all and my hardware most definitely wont be getting sold. Just today the delivery man brought me some new hardware, Akai can email me the software, that'll do me.
Last edited by labcoats on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ArKyve-31 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:22 pm
Coz wrote:My plan to get the BEAST (4k) back on its feet hasn't changed one bit. The 'Studio' version from the new range could potentially replace Maschine though, while also acting as a nice companion to the 4k.

that sounds like and ideal setup. I'm just preparing for all the newbs wondering how 60,3k,2xl, and 4k users get their mpc's to sound "like that" and their new models don't. Not realizing that sometimes, sonically it does hafta to do with outboard or hardware gear.
By labcoats Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:25 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:For me, the best part about the Maschine/Ren is the tracking. The 2500 only having 8 outs really drags the process of tracking a beat.

yes this will be a biggie for a lot of people.
By ArKyve-31 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:25 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:For me, the best part about the Maschine/Ren is the tracking. The 2500 only having 8 outs really drags the process of tracking a beat.

I feel that, I can only imagine how many outs you would physically need. I wish I had more ins on my MPC's truthfully......too many damn sample sources
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 pm
Coz wrote:My plan to get the BEAST (4k) back on its feet hasn't changed one bit. The 'Studio' version from the new range could potentially replace Maschine though, while also acting as a nice companion to the 4k.

Boy do I love that sound coming out of my 4k. Made a banger on it last night.
By labcoats Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm
And some say the 4k has no sound. Not from where Im standing. I also have a 2kxl. Sounds fine but it doesnt have a sound per se. 3000 and 60 do as well of course.
By Coz Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:Boy do I love that sound coming out of my 4k. Made a banger on it last night.

I bought a broken 4k a few months back but cosmetically it's in near perfect condition. I can't wait to get it working again so I can see what the fuss is about! :D
By ArKyve-31 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:54 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:

Boy do I love that sound coming out of my 4k. Made a banger on it last night.

imagine how mine sounds getting pushed through this :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=151169