Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:48 am
labcoats wrote:And some say the 4k has no sound. Not from where Im standing. I also have a 2kxl. Sounds fine but it doesnt have a sound per se. 3000 and 60 do as well of course.

I made a beat on it one time and just sat there and listened for about 15 minutes in awe of that 4k sound.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:54 am
Coz wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:Boy do I love that sound coming out of my 4k. Made a banger on it last night.

I bought a broken 4k a few months back but cosmetically it's in near perfect condition. I can't wait to get it working again so I can see what the fuss is about! :D

I went from a 2500 to a 4K..and could immediately tell a difference in sound quality. I used to think I didn't need all of its features, but the more I experimented with them, I began to realize how awesome that Machine is...Akai got it right with the 4K.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 am
ArKyve-31 wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
Coz wrote:My plan to get the BEAST (4k) back on its feet hasn't changed one bit. The 'Studio' version from the new range could potentially replace Maschine though, while also acting as a nice companion to the 4k.

Boy do I love that sound coming out of my 4k. Made a banger on it last night.

imagine how mine sounds getting pushed through this :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=151169

That's what's up! That's how you get a nice warm, distinct sound.
By Coz Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:I went from a 2500 to a 4K..and could immediately tell a difference in sound quality. I used to think I didn't need all of its features, but the more I experimented with them, I began to realize how awesome that Machine is...Akai got it right with the 4K.

I've had it boxed up and ready to send off for repair for a while, but a few weeks ago I unpacked it and set it up on my desk just so I have a daily reminder!

The advice on here and elsewhere points to a certain board that needs replacing, but it would be an expensive mistake if it's not that particular part because I would have to get it shipped from the US.

I'm sitting on a waiting list for a company who are apparently very good, so I'm playing the waiting game... In fact I'm gonna fire off an email to them now!

Nice one. 8)
By Blue Haze Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm
Keep your 4ks as they too will become legendary in time like the 60's and 3k's of yesteryear. But there is no denying the hands of time. Nothing is going to keep anyone from using both.
By cyrus Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
labcoats wrote:And some say the 4k has no sound. Not from where Im standing. I also have a 2kxl. Sounds fine but it doesnt have a sound per se. 3000 and 60 do as well of course.

I made a beat on it one time and just sat there and listened for about 15 minutes in awe of that 4k sound.

:roll:
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:33 pm
Maybe it was your wording. You said "one time" as if you only used the 4k once. Maybe it should've said "the first time I fired up the 4k" I don't know :lol:
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:02 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Maybe it was your wording. You said "one time" as if you only used the 4k once. Maybe it should've said "the first time I fired up the 4k" I don't know :lol:

Nobody cares what Cyrus thinks, homie. I was talking to other 4k users who are familiar with the sound.
By cyrus Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:52 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Maybe it was your wording. You said "one time" as if you only used the 4k once. Maybe it should've said "the first time I fired up the 4k" I don't know :lol:

Nobody cares what Cyrus thinks, homie. I was talking to other 4k users who are familiar with the sound.

uh, i've owned a 4k, and the way you worded your statement just sounded corny. I pictured you sitting there staring at it for 15 minutes with your mouth open.

then you went and got your friend, played the beat and said "listen! do you hear that!?"......... "dude, yeah, its a dope beat"....."no, not the beat, listen closer"......"yeah dude I hear it, its a good beat"....."no listen to the mpc"......"uh, I am"........"isn't it awesome!!!! i'm in awe".........(you start to stroke the mpc)....friend walks away thinking you got abducted by aliens. :lol:
Last edited by cyrus on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:04 am
Homie "rolls his eyes" at my post, then calls the wording of a post "corny".

It is what it is...but just to be clear...I don't give a **** about your thoughts or opinions about my wording. Wasn't talking to you anyway.
By twisted-roots Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 pm
Neither of these new go go gadget techno techno rock em sock em robot ass MPC's will replace my 2000XL... the only thing I think could replace it would be the 2500, but even then I'd still keep the 2000xl and use it just as much as the 2500. I personally think AKAI have just seen the Maschine doing well and people selling the MPCS to buy one and have jumped on the bandwagon. I don't even want another piece of software I've got to spend a day or two learning only to have to readjust my style once again to use. I have my shit set up right now no need to change. -puts feet up and lights his old man pipe and tilts his old man hat-