Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Mistamixx Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:02 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxMKSsMU ... =endscreen

If this is true im not buying the Ren. I'm not paying 1600.00 for a controller with a built in audio interface. Maschine is the better buy for the money. How can they charge that much for software and a controller??? maybe 600.00 to 800.00 but i will never pay 1600.00 for software and a controller. If it's a full blown MPCenter with guts yes! i can see paying that much, but not for a MPController. smh?? :shock: :evil:
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 am
akai will only tell you the MSRP, not the price stores sell at... so shave a third off that price and you will be closer to the actual ballpark price.. if they do actually attempt to sell the product at that price.... it wont stay up there for long when units are not moving.
By Mistamixx Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 am
mr_debauch wrote:akai will only tell you the MSRP, not the price stores sell at... so shave a third off that price and you will be closer to the actual ballpark price.. if they do actually attempt to sell the product at that price.... it wont stay up there for long when units are not moving.

The price is gonna have to go waaayyy down if they want to convert some Maschine user's.
By psr Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:24 am
Mistamixx wrote:You know what? i'm good with my Maschine, my 5000, and my MV.

Damn son... you should be!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But fa'real tho that aint Akai's youtube. the vid is cheesy with the funny style color changes too. 01/19/12 we will know the deal fa'real.
By Mistamixx Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 am
psr wrote:
Mistamixx wrote:You know what? i'm good with my Maschine, my 5000, and my MV.

Damn son... you should be!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But fa'real tho that aint Akai's youtube. the vid is cheesy with the funny style color changes too. 01/19/12 we will know the deal fa'real.

lol.. I work different ways on different days lol.. I was thinking about selling the 5000 and purchasing the Ren but if the price is anywhere close to that, im gonna stick with what i have.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 am
Mistamixx wrote:The price is gonna have to go waaayyy down if they want to convert some Maschine user's.

maschine users? hell, it's gonna need to go way down if you wanna sell it to anyone other than JAH
By Mistamixx Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 am
mr_debauch wrote:
Mistamixx wrote:The price is gonna have to go waaayyy down if they want to convert some Maschine user's.

maschine users? hell, it's gonna need to go way down if you wanna sell it to anyone other than JAH

LOL...smh..lol
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 am
It's part of my fiscal year budget. I keep 3 stacks for a new MPC. $1500 is a reasonable price. I'll have an extra $1500 for something else. Make it a $1K....I can get a Mac Pro too. Im old skool. I just feel that professional tools shouldn't be priced for all consumers to afford. But I understand its business and the economy is down.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:04 am
mr_debauch wrote:
JAH wrote: I just feel that professional tools shouldn't be priced for all consumers to afford. .

how does that affect you?

It doesn't. Just like some one saying that its too expensive and won't buy one. None of this effects me in any way. I'm just making a statement.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 am
JAH wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:
JAH wrote: I just feel that professional tools shouldn't be priced for all consumers to afford. .

how does that affect you?

It doesn't. Just like some one saying that its too expensive and won't buy one. None of this effects me in any way. I'm just making a statement.

ahh I see.. so what's your point then? you say "professional" equipment shouldn't be priced so just anyone could afford it as if people should be excluded from being able to use the same gear as people who's profession is music (is yours?) .. what kind of complex is that?
By zippertafari Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 am
"Im old skool. I just feel that professional tools shouldn't be priced for all consumers to afford"

Old skool = every company who didn't manage to survive the last 15 years, let alone the last 5...
Ridiculous thinking. Not based on economy (or even good business) - just down right elitism.
aka. everything 'old skool' hip-hop pretty much stood against.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Yes, old skool ways of pricing musical gear would have looked at 'professional' and 'consumer' applications, but these days I feel the boundaries between 'consumer' and 'pro' are too blurred for that kind of distinction.

Using price to position a product to 'professionals' is, IMO, asking for trouble, it won't wash these days.

I'll reserve opinion on the price until it's confirmed, and of course, once the actual spec of the machine and vMPC software is confirmed.