Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:29 pm
Explicit- wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

wont happen

You have been saying a lot of things can't and won't happen. When the MPC Ren/Studio can do some of the things you say it can't or won't hapen....will you come back and admit you were wrong?
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 pm
plastic ships wrote:Would be nice to work with the MPC Studio at home and then take my projects on the road with a hardware MPC. I hope this is the plan for the new line.

Waiting to hear about compatibility with file formats. But we do know that sounds and sequences are compatible. I am guessing but you would probably need one of the newer MPCs as the older MPCs handle data differently.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:39 pm
plastic ships wrote:Would be nice to work with the MPC Studio at home and then take my projects on the road with a hardware MPC. I hope this is the plan for the new line.

I was thinking the other way around. Start with hardware MPC at home and then take MPC studio when I travel, not doing shows so a laptop and Studio will be fine. For shows you could do either or, Studio and laptop or hardware MPC I suppose.
By Explicit- Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 pm
Lampdog wrote:

I was thinking the other way around. Start with hardware MPC at home and then take MPC studio when I travel, not doing shows so a laptop and Studio will be fine. For shows you could do either or, Studio and laptop or hardware MPC I suppose.

This.

Backwards I cant see Akai doing it.
By Explicit- Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:29 pm
JAH wrote:
Explicit- wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

wont happen

You have been saying a lot of things can't and won't happen. When the MPC Ren/Studio can do some of the things you say it can't or won't hapen....will you come back and admit you were wrong?

Once you admit that the 5k is a piece of shit.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 pm
Explicit- wrote:
Lampdog wrote:

This.

Backwards I cant see Akai doing it.

Wasn't it said that the new software can in fact load files from older mpc's? We still don't know exactly which files though right?

My example was going from older mpc to new ren/studio much more doable imo, just look at the hardware mpc's and their compatibility from old to new, it's been done.

The op was asking new to old which the older hardware already has it's specs and coding done, finished and it may not be doable.
By kneebone77 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm
Akai could do it. Who else would no more about they're proprietary sound formats and how to make a modern computer write those ancient files?
By JAH Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 pm
A new product loading old formats is one thing. But for it to save in a legacy format is another. I am thinking most of the projects and programs created on the Ren would be too large in size for it to convert it to be used in legacy MPCs limited to 32 MBs of memory.