Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By evil A Sulli Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am
JAH wrote:
How was Akai more open minded in the 90s? The MPC 3000, 2000, and 2000XL did not receive OS upgrades to add on many new features. The OS updates from these products were primarily to fix bugs.

If you hope Akai doesn't rush these MPCs and you like a specific workflow of the JJ OS....feel free to share why you feel JJ's pad mode is second to none. Us "fellas" will continue to sleep if we have no idea what you are talking about exactly....

Hey man, I want to see Akai succeed just like most people on this forum wants. I once owned a MPC 2000XL (in 98) and was on hold for a while, but when they answered it was worth the wait. Excellent service!

Akai also did take requests at the time and told me they try to discuss requests before they make it possible. I saw about two updates on my MPC 2000, so they did them back then.

Fast forward to 2006 when i called Akai and let me tell you it was not the same. From what I see so far Akai is going back to the basics of being customer focused. No, they don't need people answering the phone more often in the internet era, but a sign you care about the consumers is all.

Akai could of shut down the JJos but instead they made the people happy by letting it flourish and that alone make me want to buy more Akai products--including the Studio.

As for rushing...no audio tracks are going to make people complain like hell. Yeah FL studio came out without it but people expect to manipulate audio track in 2012.