Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By rookie Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:11 am
now that there revealed? This is not a complaint thread,we have enough of those.
By JAH Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:32 am
What I like most is that it gives me a real MPC control surface. And since the software is on your PC/Mac it doesn't give you the limitations of its hardware counterparts.
By psr Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:08 am
I'd say the promise of the software is huge. out of all the homies I know who have or who have had MPC or even MV before the biggest burden is always tracking into the computer. or getting samples already chopped back into the MPC. older MPCs without chop shop or jjos had cats using recycle and what ever tools that would allow easy chopping on the computer then saving to any number of devices that would then allow them to load the samples into the MPC or MV so they could get busy. the software and the easy connectivity and close integration is huge
By damien907 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:46 am
psr wrote:I'd say the promise of the software is huge. out of all the homies I know who have or who have had MPC or even MV before the biggest burden is always tracking into the computer. or getting samples already chopped back into the MPC. older MPCs without chop shop or jjos had cats using recycle and what ever tools that would allow easy chopping on the computer then saving to any number of devices that would then allow them to load the samples into the MPC or MV so they could get busy. the software and the easy connectivity and close integration is huge

this
By MoreBuck$ Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 am
^^^^ MPC 4000 with Aksys 8)
By inthemix Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 pm
cyrus wrote:dragging samples to pads and ability to get chopping right away.

Indeed. The unit will have it's uses, like it's MPC bretheren before it. However, I am not about to throw my 1000 or Maschine into the trash can on the strength of these new units from Nukai. I will, however, sit back and observe how they pan out over the next eighteen plus months and if they prove to be all that and a slice of bread, I may opt to add one to my asrenal if they can prove to be more beneficial to me than what I already have ?

Time will reveal all ... :?: 8)
By rookie Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:48 pm
inthemix wrote:

Indeed. The unit will have it's uses, like it's MPC bretheren before it. However, I am not about to throw my 1000 or Maschine into the trash can on the strength of these new units from Nukai. I will, however, sit back and observe how they pan out over the next eighteen plus months and if they prove to be all that and a slice of bread, I may opt to add one to my asrenal if they can prove to be more beneficial to me than what I already have ?

smart move since you already have maschine. what I like so far is the option AKAI give's us to compare this with all the other drum pad controllers and software,like battery,bpm,and kong.they did great jobs,but lets see if AKAI can do it better.I also wonder if I can use my MPD 32 with the software on the road?

good lil video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3IQbQVKmFM
By cyrus Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:59 am
rookie wrote:
inthemix wrote:

smart move since you already have maschine. what I like so far is the option AKAI give's us to compare this with all the other drum pad controllers and software,like battery,bpm,and kong.they did great jobs,but lets see if AKAI can do it better.I also wonder if I can use my MPD 32 with the software on the road?

good lil video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3IQbQVKmFM

yeah i did the same with maschine. Didn't really feel the need to get maschine cause I'm rocking mpc2500 w/jjos. But i must admit, I wish i would have gotten maschine sooner. Its not replacing my mpc, but it adds a level of productivity for me. Indeed the software is a big promise, so hopefully akai delivers.
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:58 am
I must admit, I was a bit salty toward the Ren, but as more information is leaked, its looking pretty good. Its got its own soundcard and interface, so you can make beats as well as archive your vinyl collection to your HD. Ins and outs like any other MPC. The only thing is that the RAM and OS is on your computer.

But still, I'm gonna wait a year or so to see if any bugs or updates get kinked out.

Hopefully Nukai, researched every MPC in existance and acknowledged the JJOS because it will suck if it had that Nukai OS in the workflow.
By JAH Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 am
Ill-Green wrote:Hopefully Nukai, researched every MPC in existance and acknowledged the JJOS because it will suck if it had that Nukai OS in the workflow.

This phrase is so often repeated but without specifics. What features in the JJ OS that you find are essential outside of NDC (which is nice to have but far from essential)?
By cyrus Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 am
JAH wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Hopefully Nukai, researched every MPC in existance and acknowledged the JJOS because it will suck if it had that Nukai OS in the workflow.

This phrase is so often repeated but without specifics. What features in the JJ OS that you find are essential outside of NDC (which is nice to have but far from essential)?

I disagree that NDC is not essential. No, it doesn't have to be implemented the exact way JJOS has implemented it, but it does need to exist. Maschine has it, most daws support it (you duplicate a section of a clip, it doesnt actually destructively chop the audio, just hides it). In maschine it uses the same sample, but the start and end points are adjusted per pad, not actually trimming or destructively editing the sample, just adjusting each instance's start/end ponts. Plus you do have the option to destructively edit if you want. When you save your project, you actually only save 1 sample even if its on multiple pads with differant start/end points (thats what NDC means to me)

Some JJOS highlights:
1.global program edit, this means selecting multiple pads at a time and editing the pgm parameters for those selected pads(tuning,sample assignment,etc.) - with a softkey function to select all pads - very very fast
2.ability to hear program settings in trim mode, so when you trim up a sample, you can hear what it actually sounds like with the program settings applied, along with your other sounds.
3.in NDC you have 'chops' which are essentiallly zones (from mpc2xl) that can overlap, be previewed together (each zone is assigned to differant pad - unlike mpc2xl where you have to move the cursor to differant zone).
4.new sample edit options (pitchshifting, stereo to mono w/vocal cancel, multiple stereo to mono)
5.NDC sample playback (L channel, R channel, Reverse, Stereo, L+R)
6.enhanced main screen layout (you can step/grid edit right from main screen and see the results)
7.export song to wav in song mode
8.mute groups, simult pad

These are just a few, others could probably chime in - that list is what i primarly use, but i'm sure there is something major I'm missing.
By JAH Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 am
cyrus wrote:
JAH wrote:

I disagree that NDC is not essential. No, it doesn't have to be implemented the exact way JJOS has implemented it, but it does need to exist. Maschine has it, most daws support it (you duplicate a section of a clip, it doesnt actually destructively chop the audio, just hides it). In maschine it uses the same sample, but the start and end points are adjusted per pad, not actually trimming or destructively editing the sample, just adjusting each instance's start/end ponts. Plus you do have the option to destructively edit if you want. When you save your project, you actually only save 1 sample even if its on multiple pads with differant start/end points (thats what NDC means to me)

Some JJOS highlights:
1.global program edit, this means selecting multiple pads at a time and editing the pgm parameters for those selected pads(tuning,sample assignment,etc.) - with a softkey function to select all pads - very very fast
2.ability to hear program settings in trim mode, so when you trim up a sample, you can hear what it actually sounds like with the program settings applied, along with your other sounds.
3.in NDC you have 'chops' which are essentiallly zones (from mpc2xl) that can overlap, be previewed together (each zone is assigned to differant pad - unlike mpc2xl where you have to move the cursor to differant zone).
4.new sample edit options (pitchshifting, stereo to mono w/vocal cancel, multiple stereo to mono)
5.NDC sample playback (L channel, R channel, Reverse, Stereo, L+R)
6.enhanced main screen layout (you can step/grid edit right from main screen and see the results)
7.export song to wav in song mode
8.mute groups, simult pad

These are just a few, others could probably chime in - that list is what i primarly use, but i'm sure there is something major I'm missing.

You said JJ OS so I was thinking something specific to that OS. But mostly what you are talking about is already implemented in other products to include MPCs with Akai official OS.

But good points regardless.