Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:46 am
Keys BeMe wrote:Wow, aesthetically this is hot! Imagine if the Ren or Studio came in a shiny candy apple red or metallic midnight blue as options that one could pay extra for if they wanted. 8)

Welcome to the forum. :wink:
By cyrus Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Keys BeMe wrote:
JAH wrote:
Keys BeMe wrote:Wow, aesthetically this is hot! Imagine if the Ren or Studio came in a shiny candy apple red or metallic midnight blue as options that one could pay extra for if they wanted. 8)

Welcome to the forum. :wink:

No doubt!

mmmmm candy apple........
By distortedtekno Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm
Aside of not having 16 pads, I really do like this controller A LOT!!!
I just got an email from Akai, took a look on the site and fell in love after reading the specs...

The sliders have 4 banks... so that's 32 programmable sliders. With that, I don't think I'll miss the lack of encoders.

Swing, note repeat, and other MPC type functions are definitely a plus.

The CV/GATE OUTPUTS.... BIG UPS TO AKAI!!!
I'm assuming the internal sequencer will be able to control CV/GATE, as well as MIDI clock controlling those outputs. This is a MAJOR PLUS in my book. I've built quite a few DIY analog kits.. so being able to trigger, sequence from the controller, and be able to track & sync my analog devices into my DAW, this solution is PERFECT!!!!

I'm on the fence still about only having 12 pads. But everything else about this controller is awesome!
By distortedtekno Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:49 pm
psr wrote:NAMM video Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1jT2OGMyIM

I like how they implemented the step sequencer into the touch faders. That's awesome!
I've been so on the fence about it only having 12 pads, though. Not sure if they plan on changing that on the 61 key version. But either way, this controller is the best I've seen, and I'm really excited about it.
I can picture myself selling the MPC1000 and Axiom 49 soon enough and buy the Max 49 with some analog goodies with the leftover money. :)
By distortedtekno Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:22 pm
cyrus wrote:so this has a sequencer built in? so is this like a controller + sequencer? or is it running some kind of software vst/standalone deal?

It's a 32 step sequencer built into the unit, controlled by the touch faders. Definitely cool as a standalone for MIDI or CV/GATE synths. The CV/GATE OUTS also respond to MIDI from a DAW or whatever's connected to the MAX 49's MIDI IN. This really makes for a very flexible controller for both software and hardware. Truly the best of both worlds integrated very nicely in one package. I got a feeling I'm gonna end up buying the MAX 49 and be okay without that extra row of pads. At least it's 3 rows of 4, which I use mostly anyway. All the meat of my drums will go on the first pad bank and everything else will go on the other banks. I can roll with that. :)
By psr Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:18 pm
distortedtekno wrote:
cyrus wrote:so this has a sequencer built in? so is this like a controller + sequencer? or is it running some kind of software vst/standalone deal?

It's a 32 step sequencer built into the unit, controlled by the touch faders. Definitely cool as a standalone for MIDI or CV/GATE synths. The CV/GATE OUTS also respond to MIDI from a DAW or whatever's connected to the MAX 49's MIDI IN. This really makes for a very flexible controller for both software and hardware. Truly the best of both worlds integrated very nicely in one package. I got a feeling I'm gonna end up buying the MAX 49 and be okay without that extra row of pads. At least it's 3 rows of 4, which I use mostly anyway. All the meat of my drums will go on the first pad bank and everything else will go on the other banks. I can roll with that. :)

Yeah man... my MPK49 bout to be traded out for this. CV out and sequencing is impressive along with the auto map type of plugin control. this is a winner. It will help me more easily bring together my CV baring gear, sw synths, and midi hw and daw. nice one Akai.
By distortedtekno Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:54 pm
psr wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:

Yeah man... my MPK49 bout to be traded out for this. CV out and sequencing is impressive along with the auto map type of plugin control. this is a winner. It will help me more easily bring together my CV baring gear, sw synths, and midi hw and daw. nice one Akai.

Yeah I honestly can't think of a better controller for my setup. This is gonna go well with some analog DIY kits I've built that have been lying around. That also give me yet another reason to buy Logic Pro 9.
With the Mac Mini, Reason 6, Logic Pro 9, MAX 49, and my DIY analog synths, I'll have my workflow set up entirely to do everything I need. :)