Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By distortedtekno Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:26 pm
This looks awesome.... EXCEPT it only has 12 pads.
Come on AKAI.. give us 16 pads in a keyboard controller (25, 49 and 61 key versions). This is the reason I've decided not to buy an MPK 25 or 49 (aside from smaller MPC1000/500 size pads).

Nektar is building a controller, but it only has 12 pads as well. They won't get my business for that either. anything less than 16 full size pads is a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. Believe me, if someone comes out with a 49 keyboard controller with 16 full size pads, I'm selling this Axiom 49 for whatever i can get for it and have it all in one controller. I don't have the space for 2 or 3 MIDI controllers (each making up for what the other one lacks). I'm sure I'm not alone on this issue, as so many of us want 16 pads no matter what.

Take notes Akai. Nektar is aware of many of us on Propellerheads User Forum, and have addressed them personally. 16 pads is where it's at for Reason users and LOTS of other software on the market. Paying the extra money would be well worth it for us all, as opposed to a lack of sales due to the product's shortcomings. :idea:
By Mike Boogie Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:10 pm
dcook79 wrote:why does a keyboard controller need 16 pads when most of us here ALL rock an MPC in combination with software and/or hardware...?

Due to the fact that there are 12 semitones in a scale... It's nice have a little more than 1 octave when making basslines or more drums to a bank.
By dcook79 Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 pm
Mike Boogie wrote:
dcook79 wrote:why does a keyboard controller need 16 pads when most of us here ALL rock an MPC in combination with software and/or hardware...?

Due to the fact that there are 12 semitones in a scale... It's nice have a little more than 1 octave when making basslines or more drums to a bank.

i guess my pov was more like, why do we need more pads, when most or all of us already have devices with 16 pads...........
By distortedtekno Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Yeah I'm doing that right now with the 1000 and the Axiom 49. But it's just too much of a spread for any ergonomically friendly setup. Not enough room on a Creation Station desk. Keeping the MPC on a Mix 400 stand isn't comfortable for when I'm using it as a MIDI controller. I bought an MPD18 a few months ago and returned it because it was still taking too much room on my desk (and it's a small controller compared to the rest). So honestly, I just want it all in one controller for my software needs. It's just much easier to lock into one controller and not have to turn to my right to bang on the MPC's drum pads. It disturbs the flow for me. I like to get entirely in the zone while I'm working strictly with software with my eyes on the screen and my hands on the controller, knowing where everything is, and integrating intuitively. Everyone's workflow differs depending on the environment and workflow preference.
By psr Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Word I dont even use the pads on my mpk49 since having my mpc 5000.
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 am
nice.
Hopefully they made it so the keys don't break and lift up so easily like on the MPK-49's. :?