Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By YumYumRolex Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 am
I got the official price of the Renaissance, my buddy is at NAMM right now...its gonna be $1199 and it wasnt even operational yet...**** that Renaissance for at least 2 years...Ima collect the actual units and stock up...60 and a 3000 gone be in my arsenal...Might even have to get another 5...real tawk...
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 am
YumYumRolex wrote:I got the official price of the Renaissance, my buddy is at NAMM right now...its gonna be $1199 and it wasnt even operational yet...**** that Renaissance for at least 2 years...Ima collect the actual units and stock up...60 and a 3000 gone be in my arsenal...Might even have to get another 5...real tawk...

2 years? Hmmm...that might be about right as that is how long "we" have been waiting for the Dave Smith/Roger Linn drum machines. :P
By roxstar Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 am
Akai can kiss d!¢ks if they really ask those prices. The "Fly" is about the price of the Ipad, and $1500 for a controller. I'm sorry, I'd buy a used Maschine for $300 and be good! Isn't the world still in a recession/depression. Folks losing their homes, but got money to splurge on software and knobs??
Not to change the subject, but I noticed that Akai specifically says the Renaissance and the Studio can read older samples and sequences, but does not mention anything about reading PROGRAMS. Is Akai trying to get slick with its wordplay? Will I be pissed the f__k off for spending $1500-$1800 because of an assumption? That estimated price just put a grey cloud over my excitement!
By roxstar Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 pm
"per this video, akai rep states fly is $299 - i dont think yall at mpcstuff are getting wholesale discount. :|
http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/19/27192 ... 2-hands-on"

Ok..now I think some info may have been twisted somewhere. This is a better price...still not low enough, but more realistic. If MPC Fly is $299, the Renaissance can't be $1500-$1800. I'm also convinced that it won't be $799 like we were hoping!
By mpcstuff.com Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:22 pm
Got the update I wanted to hear. Pricing was clarified to the reps at NAMM last night. The prices I was given as wholesale were actual selling prices.

AKAI has told me there are no SET exact prices despite what some may have said. Prices are subject to change but the ranges will be the following +/- a bit. So if someone tells you they know exactly its not true.

Renaissance $1300 +/- a few
Studio $600 +/- a few
Fly $300 +/- a few

better...but still no salesfest.