Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By LifeMusic Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:06 pm
at the top just under the picture

"We’re calling it: on Thursday, January 19, the soft synth age, and synth polyphony, officially came to an end. Also, Arturia, the people who make virtual analog soft synths, are now making analog hardware. And I just saw Roger Linn, and he was sporting a new goatee and had an agonizer in his sash, and he’s working for Akai again but calls them the Terran Empire."
By 713_HOU_TX Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:08 pm
konc3pt wrote:I went to the link and didnt see anything info mentioning it ??

he Moog Rogue has a similar form factor to the Akai MPC 5000, and some might argue a cleaner control layout. (It’s certainly simpler and more approachable.) And like the Minibrute, the Rogue is a 2-oscillator analog synth. But there are some significant advantages of the Minibrute over the Rogue. Roger Linn said don't ever mention me with Wakai ever again.
By JAH Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm
On Akai's twitter page there was a post indicating Bruce Forat was consulted for the Ren. Add Roger Linn to the mix...hmmmm. Sounds like a $4000 hybrid MPC. I'd buy it. :lol:
By Fess Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 pm
LifeMusic wrote:Came across this.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/01/arturias-550-minibrute-analog-monosynth-how-it-compares-to-moog-rogue-update-on-fabric-of-reality/

Anything to do with mpc ren/studio?

can anyone at namm substantiate this?

Well that's interesting...

Here's part of a reply I received from Roger himself back in June of last year regarding his feelings toward working with Numark:

it would be a cold day in hell before I would agree to do any business with a man as unscrupulous as *********.

- Roger Linn

I guess it was a cold day in Hell?

Or, this is just some more bs...
By JAH Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm
I am thinking the same as it seems llike a conflict of interest being that him and Dave Smith are designing drum machine sequencers.
By inthemix Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 pm
Fess wrote:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/01/arturias-550-minibrute-analog-monosynth-how-it-compares-to-moog-rogue-update-on-fabric-of-reality/

Well that's interesting...

Here's part of a reply I received from Roger himself back in June of last year regarding his feelings toward working with Numark:

it would be a cold day in hell before I would agree to do any business with a man as unscrupulous as *********.

- Roger Linn

I guess it was a cold day in Hell?

Or, this is just some more bs...

... Either that or Hell just got it's own 'Ice Hockey Team ?!
By emptysea Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:07 am

It's a joke referencing a Star Trek episode where "a transporter mishap swaps Captain Kirk and his companions with their evil counterparts in a parallel universe. In the so-called Mirror Universe, the Enterprise is a ship of the Terran Empire, an organization as evil as the United Federation of Planets is benevolent."
By b.read Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:09 am
I dunno about the rumor and allathat, but the video tour of the minibrute is bad to the bone. 8)
By MeSoHordey Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:21 am
b.read wrote:I dunno about the rumor and allathat, but the video tour of the minibrute is bad to the bone. 8)

Agreed. That and my 1k will be making sweet sweet love all night....
By b.read Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 am
Saaaaaaame here...I think I'm ready to preorder.