Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:52 am
MeSoHordey wrote:
JAH wrote:
I really don't want to get into latency again.....

But...what is the latency of your current sound card? And what amount of latency is acceptable?

Have you used Maschine before?

As far as bugs...I have never seen software that is bug free...as Windows and Mac OSX is not bug free.

Sound card seems fine.

Never used maschine.

I just really really get the feeling LATENCY is going to be an issue with the Ren. And at $1200 that's seems unacceptable. I guess we'll see.

I ask you the latency of your current sound card and what you find acceptable as far as the new MPC. If you are not sure...then how can you be feeling anyway? I believe I can say that the MPC Ren will not be worst than Maschine. If you haven't tried it...visit your local retailer and give it a spin.
By MeSoHordey Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:28 am
JAH wrote:
MeSoHordey wrote:
JAH wrote:
I really don't want to get into latency again.....

But...what is the latency of your current sound card? And what amount of latency is acceptable?

Have you used Maschine before?

As far as bugs...I have never seen software that is bug free...as Windows and Mac OSX is not bug free.

Sound card seems fine.

Never used maschine.

I just really really get the feeling LATENCY is going to be an issue with the Ren. And at $1200 that's seems unacceptable. I guess we'll see.

I ask you the latency of your current sound card and what you find acceptable as far as the new MPC. If you are not sure...then how can you be feeling anyway? I believe I can say that the MPC Ren will not be worst than Maschine. If you haven't tried it...visit your local retailer and give it a spin.

I have the feeling it will be worse than the machine at twice the price. What makes you think it won't be?
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:48 am
MeSoHordey wrote:I have the feeling it will be worse than the machine at twice the price. What makes you think it won't be?

I've seen the feature set. It will not be worst than Maschine. And I believe it should be twice the price. I'll be writing plenty of Maschine vs Studio threads in the future. MPC Ren won't be a good comparison..I will save that for Maschine 2.