Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By labcoats Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 pm
I heard that to. It would be a big plus selling point for sure. The question I have is do you want all your music apps going through an MPC 3000 converter. I know we can use aggregate on Apple computers to address 2 soundcards. In reality its not that great though and creates a lot of issues. Hmm, I think something is missing from the info.
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 pm
labcoats wrote:I heard that to. It would be a big plus selling point for sure. The question I have is do you want all your music apps going through an MPC 3000 converter. I know we can use aggregate on Apple computers to address 2 soundcards. In reality its not that great though and creates a lot of issues. Hmm, I think something is missing from the info.

It seems you onl hear and read what you want to.

The AD/DA converters are 24 bit. It was stated that it has the same circuitry of the MPC 3000. Engaging the "Vintage" modes allows you to apply MPC 3000/60 sound to its outputs and resample outputs if you choose. If you don't want it to sound like an MPC 3000, then don't use the vintage mode.
By tapedeck Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 am
these 'vintage modes' that are popping up on gear are actually pretty interesting.

i know with maschine at least, they actually have serious dsp code that models the ad/da etc of the old gear - almost component for component. in a nutshell, a resistor has a mathematical effect on a signal, same for a capacitor, opamp, etc etc.
model these basic behaviors digitally, add them together to actually recreate the circuit itself in the digital domain, and you can start talking about serious emulation power - way beyond just 'downsampling' or applying a particular filter for effect.

what i'm curious about is if akai went the same route... i haven't watched the vids so i dont know if he says anything about it.