Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By psr Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm
:shock: Nice. They are #winning right now with this sw piece they are putting together.

I wanted the fly for travel but the studio will work just as well and even better with these features.
By rookie Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:00 pm
rookie wrote"I think what there doing is pretty dope,no more limited memory or hard drive space + they can upgrade the software to keep up with all the new trends.I'm sure they'll link with a major software company to intergate with their software to stay relevant.beside's who knows what 2.0 will bring.just my take"
By distortedtekno Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm
Lampdog wrote:Me, Studio for travel.

Best of both worlds with the Studio. Just thought how easy it is to roll with the Mac Mini and the MPC Studio. I don't even need to bring the monitor... just use the HDMI OUT to a flatscreen TV anywhere I'm chllin with a pair of headphones.
The Mac Mini, Wireless Keyboard, and Magic Mouse together with the MPC Studio is still smaller than my MPC1000. My boy just bought a 72" TV. So it's gonna be easy as hell to pack it all up and set up in 5 seconds. Can't wait to see what Reason 6 looks like on a 72" screen. But I'm not lugging out the Axiom 49. I gotta keep it nice and sell it ASAP. The MAX 49 is calling my name. So I gotta go with that before anything else.
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:33 pm
**** wrote:
The MPC line is the most recent of many popular products that license this world-class algorithm for natural and transparent time stretching and pitch shifting.

:roll:

Logic uses it as well.....
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 pm
emptysea wrote:No surprise Akai had to outsource the software.

It's still offline timestretch though. :)

Versus Maschine not having any time stretch at all...its 2012. Been waiting 3 years for a function that all samples have had since the 90s. :lol:

NI has to come hard on their new Maschine. I hope they come hard. In its current state, it won't sell when the MPC Studio is released.
By emptysea Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:22 pm
JAH wrote:
emptysea wrote:No surprise Akai had to outsource the software.

It's still offline timestretch though. :)

Versus Maschine not having any time stretch at all...its 2012. Been waiting 3 years for a function that all samples have had since the 90s.

Except that you can use realtime timestretch in Maschine RIGHT NOW while these new "MPC"s are still proof-of-concept, work-in-progress prototypes that won't see the light of day for a long time.