Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By masada2502 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:09 am
After watching these videos and hearing the comments and questions ,seeing the software ,peoples impressions while handling the products.the staffs note taking.Akais going to win big time.im pretty sure of it.price maybe a factor and the fly only has 4 tracks.(but that can be updated.)im still concerned about bugs and latency.but i think they may be serious about fixing their rep .N.I. Has awaken the beast.im proud!lol This is what I've always wanted .ive had every Mpc and a sp1200..Bravo Akai,don't let's us down when it finally drops...please..well I'll have to set aside $1300 til aug.
By Blue Haze Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm
masada2502 wrote:After watching these videos and hearing the comments and questions ,seeing the software ,peoples impressions while handling the products.the staffs note taking.Akais going to win big time.im pretty sure of it.price maybe a factor and the fly only has 4 tracks.(but that can be updated.)im still concerned about bugs and latency.but i think they may be serious about fixing their rep .N.I. Has awaken the beast.im proud!lol This is what I've always wanted .ive had every Mpc and a sp1200..Bravo Akai,don't let's us down when it finally drops...please..well I'll have to set aside $1300 til aug.

I hope the price drops by then but I down for a Ren too.
By master-ceo Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:00 pm
I agree. Loving the Ren right now. Its going to suit me right. Can't wait. I'm old school but open to the new school way of doing things and intergratin them both into my setup.

Can't wait to have the ren drive my s950 and ASRX.
By Blue Haze Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm
It looks good that Akai is going the software route even though a few users are miff and steamed at the dearth of hardware. It really doesn't matter as long as the tools help you create your craft.

Anyways a year from now this particular forum will be a ever growing place of Ren and Studio owners along with the legacy mpcs.
By Ill-Green Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:02 pm
Blue Haze wrote:It looks good that Akai is going the software route even though a few users are miff and steamed at the dearth of hardware. It really doesn't matter as long as the tools help you create your craft.

Anyways a year from now this particular forum will be a ever growing place of Ren and Studio owners along with the legacy mpcs.

Word, MPC-Forums will remain for a long time. :)
By psr Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:09 pm
unleashedproject wrote:Does the output sound come out from the mpc it self. Does it have a built in sound card or does it you the computers sound card

one of the major features of the ren is its built in sound card interface with loads of io. go to akaimpcpro.com and look at the product pics. it has stereo out.

Audio and MIDI I/O

Sample Rates Up to 24 bit / 96 kHz Zero-latency hardware monitoring via adjustment knob

Record input (L and R): XLR/ 1/4-inch Combo x 2 balanced -40dBu, input impedance 11k ohms; RCA with PHONO preamp

Max. Input level: +10dBu

Digital Input: 24-bit RCA-pin x 1 S/PDIF

4 Audio Outputs: 1/4-inch phone x 4 balanced +11dBu, output impedance 1k Ohms

Max. output level: +18dBu

Phones output: 1/4-inch stereo phone x 1, 200mW / 100 ohms; 1/8-inch stereo phone x 1, 200mW / 100 ohms

Digital output: 24-bit RCA-pin x 1 S/PDIF

MIDI inputs: 5-pin DIN x 2

MIDI outputs: 5-pin DIN x 4

USB: 2 port USB Hub

Footswitches: 1/4-inch x 2
By Lampdog Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:34 pm
Ill-Blue-Green-Haze wrote:Anyways a year from now this particular forum will be a ever growing Lampdog Studio owner post.
Word, Lampdog will remain for a long time. :)
By Blue Haze Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:38 pm
kaydigi wrote:Can the studio version use the softwatw 3000 60 sp1200 etc filters?

In the videos made by Saint Joe (highly recommend) it was stated that sound card on the ren was needed for these filter. The studio wouldn't have this as it is dependent on a third party soundcard. I know maschine and battery has these emulations but that how it stands for now. But hey you can run battery and maschine as plugins in studio!!!!
By kaydigi Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:25 am
Blue Haze wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Can the studio version use the softwatw 3000 60 sp1200 etc filters?
-

In the videos made by Saint Joe (highly recommend) it was stated that sound card on the ren was needed for these filter. The studio wouldn't have this as it is dependent on a! third party soundcard. I know maschine and battery has these emulations but that how it stands for now. But hey you can run battery and maschine as plugins in studio!!!!

I'll be getting the Ren for sure those interview vids were dope. I can't believe the studio is gimped like that.