Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By padlock Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 am
WORD, just watched the first one and im leaning towards i want the software def trying to see how it will midi up to my 2500... then leaning towards the studio if that had issues..
By gertie Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:00 am
would be great if you could post some links of stuff actually working instead of dud prototypes which are nowhere close to being finished, they havent even coded vst part yet and he couldnt even demo timestretch
By Explicit- Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:08 am
padlock wrote:WORD, just watched the first one and im leaning towards i want the software def trying to see how it will midi up to my 2500... then leaning towards the studio if that had issues..

I didnt even think of that???

Hmmm I could possible save myself a ton of money if I could use my 2500.

Thats a possibility if the software comes out good.
By Explicit- Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 am
gertie wrote:would be great if you could post some links of stuff actually working instead of dud prototypes which are nowhere close to being finished, they havent even coded vst part yet and he couldnt even demo timestretch

Yea seeing a lot of the gear in glass containers is pretty scary. :lol:

I wouldnt be surprised if they gear was hollow inside with blinking lights. :shock:
By Explicit- Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:15 am
Explicit- wrote:
padlock wrote:WORD, just watched the first one and im leaning towards i want the software def trying to see how it will midi up to my 2500... then leaning towards the studio if that had issues..

Well from the questions they asked it didnt sound like you can buy the software alone.
By emptysea Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:36 am
Explicit- wrote:
Explicit- wrote:

Well from the questions they asked it didnt sound like you can buy the software alone.

The MPC project manager/pad controllerist dude said in the video that you have to buy the controller to get the software, although a cracked version will inevitably appear in torrents/warez boards anyway.
By padlock Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:00 am
i want one of these also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... NN-7w&NR=1
Arturia Mini Brute Analog Synth
looks like a sh-201 or something

and the ren does look sick, i have to say.. i think they got it on this one!
By Explicit- Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:09 am
gertie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yDrDOPonno

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dope Beat on the Ren!! :mrgreen:

so the Ren has 'the same outputs as the mpc3000 using a 24 bit ADD convertor' .....i am curious about ther mpc60 and mpc3000 mode...i guess its software algorhythm or does anyone have info showing otherwise.....

**** that beat was awful!!!

I think we found somebody for MIDI to battle. :lol:
By scoobylol Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 am

so the Ren has 'the same outputs as the mpc3000 using a 24 bit ADD convertor' .....i am curious about ther mpc60 and mpc3000 mode...i guess its software algorhythm or does anyone have info showing otherwise.....

This I'm confused about, because isn't the 3000 16-bit? So what makes these the same outputs, or is it just an old stock of 1/4" jacks they found in their warehouse from 1994? :roll:
By Blue Haze Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 am
Good video by sounds and gear they covered a lot of users questions. Though I wished they used a hd camera :lol: . The ren is shaping up nicely.
By JAH Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:23 am
scoobylol wrote:

This I'm confused about, because isn't the 3000 16-bit? So what makes these the same outputs, or is it just an old stock of 1/4" jacks they found in their warehouse from 1994? :roll:

In the videos they clarified what the Ren offers. It has a modern 24 bit 96kHz analog and digital I/O. The circuits before the AD/DA conversion is the same as the MPC 3000. The circuits combined with the software gives the MPC Ren the sound character of the MPC 3000 and 60. It depends on how much money I spend in Namm new products...but I may buy an MPC 3000 and do some AB comparisons with the Ren.