Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:23 am
tapedeck wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:Don't blame them because you are ignorant to the terminology used.

come on now A LOT of people are making this same misinterpretation and i dont think that it's fair to call that ignorant. you are right, an app can be standalone too but (and i dont think they said it on purpose), the whole term is throwing a lot of people off.

probably because a lot of people do want it to be 'standalone' as in un-tethered. i dont think this is ignorance as i do think the situation is a little confusing.

ive said it before i think changing the 'c' to 'controller' is going to cause this exact kind of confusion but i mean they bought the name might as well use it. :mrgreen:

Sorry, but I think that's bullshit. Anyone familiar with software apps knows this common term. It's not something he should have had to explain. And he said "STANDALONE APPLICATION, and it can also run as a VST plugin, or AU or RTAS". Hardware MPC's do not run applications. He also started the video off by saying that it's a "Midi Controller and Software Package for Mac/PC". If people are misinterpreting all that blantant-ness of information, what else would you call it other than ignorance?! :shock: You can't blame someone for your own misinterpretation when all the info is put out explicitly. The term is used for everything from Reason, to Guitar Rig, to Sampletank, to Maschine, to Massive, to Kontakt, to whatever else is in between.

Secondly, it's common sense that the thing isn't full standalone. If this thing was really a true hybrid and could be used completely with or WITHOUT a computer, that would be Akai's number one selling point and flagship feature. You'd KNOW because they would be advertising that angle to death and you wouldn't have to ask about it!

And also, when they go to talk about the Studio, he says that only 90% of the stuff can be done on the controller! Now, any smart person that has researched and read the specs of the MPC's know that the only difference between the Ren and the Studio, other than the physical appearance and tilt screen, is the audio interface. If you can't put the pieces together from all of that then I don't know what to tell you!
By tapedeck Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 am
i feel you but i dont think a lot of people have seen all the videos on the subject - i guess im not referring to this video per se but just the fact that there is obviously confusion amongst quite a few people and i dont think you can fault em for it.

id like to say it's common sense, to me it was obvious as soon as i read 'controller', but it aint too common as common folk misunderstand it! :mrgreen:

well ok we are talking the internet here nvermind
By DJ Hellfire Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 am
tapedeck wrote:i feel you but i dont think a lot of people have seen all the videos on the subject - i guess im not referring to this video per se but just the fact that there is obviously confusion amongst quite a few people and i dont think you can fault em for it.

id like to say it's common sense, to me it was obvious as soon as i read 'controller', but it aint too common as common folk misunderstand it! :mrgreen:

well ok we are talking the internet here nvermind

Yeah man! You know how it goes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Just Phab Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:47 am
Context is everything prose for without we expend way to energy on the splitting of hairs. Glad this came to terms.

I have a ren that was sitting on the shelf and decided to pull it out and fire it up at home.

Does anyone know if and the MPC can output audio to a pair of powered monitors with requiring a separate audio interface.

I just want to monitor what coming back from the MPC and or MPC Software for monitoring purposes only.

Stated differently can I connect he output from the MPC REN to a pair of powered monitors and what are the limitations.
By Lampdog Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:01 am
On your computer, make Ren your audio interface, Ren main outs connect to powered monitors.

New MPC's can be controllers for the MPC 2 Software, I'd assigned my MPC X as my PC's audio interface then
connect my KRK's to X's main out the exact same way you'd connect Ren.

We'd essentially be doing the exact same thing. MPC Ren/X as controllers for software + audio interfaces (main out in back) to monitored speakers.