Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By gonche Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:54 pm
I know everyone's excited about the new MPC line, but for existing users, is Akai going to sell the software as a standlone package so people with existing MPC's can use the software to edit and transfer data from their units and back again. It's interesting because it would be cool if they allowed current MPC's to interface and control with their software, it would be cool. There has been talk of Akai being open about supporting file formats from JJOS, but how true is this? It would be a very cool thing, but I can't see it happening, after all they want to convert and sell as many of these units to people that already have MPC's. They have mentioned backwards compatbility, so why not allow the older units to interface with their software and sell the software as a product. There must be a serious amount of users with JJOS, who cannot afford the price of the new units but could pay for some software to help in production. This could be a good incentive to upgrade or it may unite the community with a common tool. Either way, I have an MPC1000 with JJOS, I would like to use the software with it.... any other people have any thoughts on this?
By kaydigi Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 pm
gonche wrote:I know everyone's excited about the new MPC line, but for existing users, is Akai going to sell the software as a standlone package so people with existing MPC's can use the software to edit and transfer data from their units and back again.

They said no in the third SOS video.
By master-ceo Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:59 pm
According to the rep it will be sold with the Ren and Studio, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to get your hands on it a month or 2 later. :wink:

The JJ compatibility came straight from the horses mouth so we will see. It's up to JJ to provide AKAI with the program formats though.