Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Mistamixx Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:16 am
http://ohdratdigital.com/2012/01/akai-m ... tal.com%29

Finally I heard what I needed to hear! Akai hired some people with experience creating software, and there committed to rebuilding there reputation when it comes to support.

It sounds like Akai is really listening to us!

I’m going to support the new line by purchasing the Renaissance if the standard mpc features are functioning.
Akai please include arpeggiation and audio tracks like the mpc-5000.
Last edited by Mistamixx on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By gertie Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 am
I wonder which forums they been checking lol.......many a request for a mpc5000 update after 2.0, they seems to have missed all those posts....likewise for the mpc4000, likewise for the mpc500......

10 kids coding.....dont get your hopes up....wouldnt surprise me if they coders are based in india :roll:

looking very sheepish, that rep, at about 7.55 when he the reviewer starts talking about previous updates to other machines :mrgreen:
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:07 am
Nearly all the features added from OS 1 to OS 2 for the MPC 5000 came from this forum.

By the way...I like the fact Akai is considering looking into loop settings per track :shock:
By billynojokes Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:04 am
i went to NAMM 2012 this last fri. i got to actually play wit a mpc ren and talk to a rep. he actually wrote down some featues that i suggested

which was to be able to save a program from my the ren to b opened in my 2000xl ... to make live performances pg and stuff

he seemed really honestly listening but after messing around with the ren it looks like that feature wont b possible and a pain in the ass to get going cuz the way the ren was set up it was looking more like a 1000 2500 or a 5000 set up
By JAH Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 am
MPC 2000XL will be able to load wav files and MIDI sequences. But MPC 2000XL doesn't have the same program format.

The MPC 5000/2500/1000 export was identified as being part of the feature set.
By masada2502 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:24 pm
billynojokes wrote:i went to NAMM 2012 this last fri. i got to actually play wit a mpc ren and talk to a rep. he actually wrote down some featues that i suggested

which was to be able to save a program from my the ren to b opened in my 2000xl ... to make live performances pg and stuff

he seemed really honestly listening but after messing around with the ren it looks like that feature wont b possible and a pain in the ass to get going cuz the way the ren was set up it was looking more like a 1000 2500 or a 5000 set up

What did u think about it?does the sequencer sound tight ?how was the latency?i know it isn't a final build just so damn curious ,lol
By billynojokes Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:28 pm
masada2502 wrote:What did u think about it?does the sequencer sound tight ?how was the latency?i know it isn't a final build just so damn curious ,lol

in all honesty i thought it was pretty dope. it felt sturdy .. i picked it up it has some weight to it ... the knobs are plastic but didn't feel plasticky if you know what im saying lol ... what really made me comfortable was when i pressed record i Hurd the familiar metronome sound lol made me feel right at home .. i had no issue wit latency while actually recording a simple drum loop ... i whent nuts and pressed the pad like a crack head just to test the latency thing and it was pretty solid almost keeping up with me. the akai rep actually said "the latency is gunna be even better upon release.. this is still just a beta version of the software.

hopefully hes not just paid to say that lol but like i said it was pretty rock solid for my 15 min of use hahah
By dryad-66 Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:35 pm
Mistamixx wrote: there committed to rebuilding there reputation when it comes to support.

It sounds like Akai is really listening to us!

I’m going to support the new line by purchasing the Renaissance .

ha ha yeah they got 2 tin cans and a peice of string and they check there messages once a week/year.lol
By xparis001 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 am
Hi,

chances are that was me you were talking to, unless the guy had a british accent, then that was Andy Mac. Glad you had a great time with it.

billynojokes wrote:
masada2502 wrote:What did u think about it?does the sequencer sound tight ?how was the latency?i know it isn't a final build just so damn curious ,lol

in all honesty i thought it was pretty dope. it felt sturdy .. i picked it up it has some weight to it ... the knobs are plastic but didn't feel plasticky if you know what im saying lol ... what really made me comfortable was when i pressed record i Hurd the familiar metronome sound lol made me feel right at home .. i had no issue wit latency while actually recording a simple drum loop ... i whent nuts and pressed the pad like a crack head just to test the latency thing and it was pretty solid almost keeping up with me. the akai rep actually said "the latency is gunna be even better upon release.. this is still just a beta version of the software.

hopefully hes not just paid to say that lol but like i said it was pretty rock solid for my 15 min of use hahah
By 713_HOU_TX Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 am
xparis001 wrote:Hi,

chances are that was me you were talking to, unless the guy had a british accent, then that was Andy Mac. Glad you had a great time with it.

billynojokes wrote:

A real live akai rep is among us