Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm
cyrus wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:well they did say they were adding that feature... lets hope they actually do.

I am looking forward to some videos showing some actual beats being made on it.

Yeah they're approaching it right. Get the basics right first, then add additional features.

yeah, but this is what they are suppose to be good at, building and developing professional calibur music gear :roll: get the basic right first my ass, they got some interns working for them or what!

haha :lol: :D

Professional calibur music gear doesn't have to include every single feature request a forum member makes. No company operates this way. Akai indicated that all functions haven't been implemented in the OS as of Namm. The core MPC features must be implemented and extensively tested. Taking time away from core features to add functions that are not essential would be counter productive.

Personally, I would prefer to have a tight sequencer w/quantize and swing fully operational without any bugs (core MPC features) versus Akai working on dragging-n-dropping of Qlink knobs (feature request...non essential).
By 713_HOU_TX Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
billynojokes wrote:yooo sorry pples but im a 2kxl user (dont have this feature) what exactly is audio tracks used for in the mpc??????????

Basically it let's you record actual audio to a sequence track in the MPC. There is no midi. It's straight audio. So for example, you could plug up a mic and record vocals directly into your sequence as the beat plays.

Or in laymen terms its called Direct Record. U can record a mic into u XL but not in real time as hellfire noted. Youtube it on the 2500
By xparis001 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 am
Ren will have direct record for 1.0. now that computers have gigs of ram, its almost all you need, but we are planning audio tracks as soon as possible.