Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By dryad-66 Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:41 am
No updates for mpc5k(supprised?),no new stand alone mpc to carry on the legacy,cheap ass novelty (applications)to woo jaded hardware users(user error??)and massive potential software and hardware bugs for the next few eons/updates(as per usual)plus cheap ass(everything-look at the price compared to the new prices of our well built classic machines)and redundant(i would have hoped)image advertising selling your b boy souls for cash!!!!!And has everyone gone stark raving MAD around here and gearslutz??????keepin it real lol....thoughts anyone??opinions? : ]

EDIT-and where did James Jeffery get those pictures before everyone else?
EDIT-and have these issue been raised a million times already in the past few days??
EDIT-and does anyone really care??
Last edited by dryad-66 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:02 am
I don't want to be limited by a hardware MPCs CPU and RAM. I have been waiting 3 years for this product.
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:09 am
dryad-66 wrote:Fair enuff Jah.........................................................btw-hows your Kronos doing : ]

Not good. Korg Japan seems clueless and parts are not readily available.
By Retrofreak Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 am
I'm all for the Ren being a controller + soundcard, but I think the 'Studio' should've been a buss powered standalone hybrid device with a rechargeable battery.

Having something so small that needs a computer, sound card and AC adapter hardly constitutes 'portable' imo.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:44 am
Retrofreak wrote:I'm all for the Ren being a controller + soundcard, but I think the 'Studio' should've been a buss powered standalone hybrid device with a rechargeable battery.

Having something so small that needs a computer, sound card and AC adapter hardly constitutes 'portable' imo.

Yeah! I feel you! Although you don't (shouldn't) need a sound card. I would imagine that the ASIO4ALL app, which is free, would work with it to run off the laptops built-in sound card.
Last edited by DJ Hellfire on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Retrofreak Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:02 am
I hear ya, I do like the idea of using the MPC 3000 outputs, I'm definitely getting the REN and possibly the Fly at a later date(providing theres an iPad 3 version).

I just feel that Akai may have dropped the ball with the Studio.

It looks the part, but I see no point in carrying around two portable devices, especially one that needs to be plugged into a power outlet and needs a computer to function?

If the Studio was truly portable and standalone with Ren software integration it could've been the future of the MPC 2500/1000 imho.
By kaydigi Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:10 am
Retrofreak wrote:I hear ya, I do like the idea of using the MPC 3000 outputs, I'm definitely getting the REN and possibly the Fly at a later date(providing theres an iPad 3 version).

It looks the part, but I see no point in carrying around two portable devices, especially one that needs to be plugged into a power outlet and needs a computer to function?

If the Studio was truly portable and standalone with Ren software integration it could've been the future of the MPC 2500/1000 imho.

If the Ren is rock solid are you dropping the 5000?
By mr_debauch Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:12 am
if the ren is rock solid are you guys dropping your RMEs and duets?
By Retrofreak Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:15 am
kaydigi wrote:
Retrofreak wrote:I hear ya, I do like the idea of using the MPC 3000 outputs, I'm definitely getting the REN and possibly the Fly at a later date(providing theres an iPad 3 version).

If the Ren is rock solid are you dropping the 5000?

Nope, I'm keeping my MPC 5000 as I still want an MPC I can put on my lap, plug in some headphones and jam with.

This is what I would've liked from the 'Studio', but alas.
By Mistamixx Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:33 am
I would like the ability to load Ren projects into the 5000. It really would be cool if the 5000 could utilize the Ren software!
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:34 am
Retrofreak wrote:I just feel that Akai may have dropped the ball with the Studio.

Yeah, what's up with that? I don't see what could possibly need ac power on the studio. It's just a single LCD and 16 multicolor LED's, and maybe 10-15 buttons that really only need power. On Maschine, there's like 40 different lit buttons (including the pads) plus 2 LCD's and USB powers it just fine.
By Retrofreak Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Retrofreak wrote:I just feel that Akai may have dropped the ball with the Studio.

Yeah, what's up with that? I don't see what could possibly need ac power on the studio. It's just a single LCD and 16 multicolor LED's, and maybe 10-15 buttons that really only need power. On Maschine, there's like 40 different lit buttons (including the pads) plus 2 LCD's and USB powers it just fine.

Agreed.

Having no headphone jack is a FAIL! imo.

If the Studio was standalone I would've retired my Maschine.

I thought the Studio would've been the PS3 slim of the legacy MPC range, but they've given us a shiny calculator with a walwart power supply?.