Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:35 am
JAH wrote:I would expect bi-colored LEDs to draw more power. And also the qlink knobs are touch sensitive. Don't forget the MIDI input and output breakout cable. Its obvious that if an external power supply is needed, there is much more going on under the hood.

Nah, multicolor LED's are still one single LED. Shouldn't draw more power. All the other stuff is all good, but I think if a USB 2.0 socket can charge and power a 10w iPad, it should be able to power this.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:40 am
mr_debauch wrote: but they likely used multi coloured LEDS

They had to have. If they used 5 separate LED's for each color, then the light wouldn't be evenly dispersed around the whole pad! Plus it would just be plain stupid to use multiple LED's to begin with when multicoloreds exist! :lol:
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 am
USB-powered with low-profile knobs and brushed aluminum body
Power: USB or 6VDC/1A AC adaptor

This is identified on the website...talked about in one of the videos.

I apologize for interrupting the debate. By all means continue.... :?
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:49 am
Let's put an end to this issue. Took a snap shot of St Joe's vid, and it appears to only be one USB cable coming out, no power cable. So the power plug must be for use with non-powered USB hubs.

Last edited by DJ Hellfire on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
By gertie Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 am
The MPC was sold out when numark bought Akai

Three new MPC products....10 coders.....a guess a lot of pizza and overtime is coming up for these kids
By mr_debauch Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:51 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
mr_debauch wrote: but they likely used multi coloured LEDS

They had to have. If they used 5 separate LED's for each color, then the light wouldn't be evenly dispersed around the whole pad! Plus it would just be plain stupid to use multiple LED's to begin with when multicoloreds exist! :lol:

for sure... I used to work for a warehousing company that supplied LEDs... LMAO.. I was just poking at JAH's automatic defence for akai (as usual) lol... he even is trying to use the AC adapter as indication of the all mighty power of the new product :lol:

funny part is, nobody is even really saying anything negative here... further more these are prototypes.. lastly, every midi controller I own have an AC adapter input (I cant think of a single one I've seen that hasn't had that option) ... if you use a garbage USB cable, a really really long USB cable, or a garbage USB hub (internal or external) .. or any other factor that either causes too much resistance or somehow causes the device to draw more current than it should... it leaves room for issues. This is why there is an AC adapter.

The APC40? This is not portable in my opinion nor was it likely to be intended to be portable... the fact this requires an AC adapter may indicate a slight chance that the same can be said about the studio.. but I highly doubt even numark would do such a thing.
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:29 am
There are plenty of forum members here that hate Akai. You don't need me to add to the movement.

So anything related to Akai and MPCs...you will always hear me point to the positive aspects.

Regarding the buss power....it clearly states the MPC Studio runs on buss power. Instead of taking it face value, you imply you are being misled because it also has a power supply (Note - MPD 32 is buss powered and has an external power supply.) I pointed to the fact that "all mighty powerful" multi-card readers and exteranl USB drives can often use 2 USB ports for power as some laptops aren't powerful enough to support them.

I am actually having all the fun laughing at all the conspiracy theories....
By mr_debauch Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:48 am
JAH wrote:
Regarding the buss power....it clearly states the MPC Studio runs on buss power. Instead of taking it face value, you imply you are being misled because it also has a power supply

who are you talking about?
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 am
psr wrote:it's not supposed to have headphone jacks its a controller. :P :P mpd's and mpk's dont have headphone jacks either. controllers have no source for sound.
I'm glad you said that, different mfka's keep they panties in a bunch over something that's not understood, just like you touched on, it's a "controller" people, cmon really. The fail is strong and dense with some people.
By dryad-66 Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 am
Tha_Skywalker wrote:I wouldn't say they sold out, I think their just trying to stay competitive.

Sure..................BUT the whole point for the whole history of the MPC is that it was 'tight like that' and didnt not use/rely on the the comp.Both interconnected and important to da Soul of hiphop ect.Blimey,maybe i am getting old (er) lol
By jpeg Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 am
dryad-66 wrote:No updates for mpc5k(supprised?),no new stand alone mpc to carry on the legacy,cheap ass novelty (applications)to woo jaded hardware users(user error??)and massive potential software and hardware bugs for the next few eons/updates(as per usual)plus cheap ass(everything-look at the price compared to the new prices of our well built classic machines)and redundant(i would have hoped)image advertising selling your b boy souls for cash!!!!!And has everyone gone stark raving MAD around here and gearslutz??????keepin it real lol....thoughts anyone??opinions? : ]

EDIT-and where did James Jeffery get those pictures before everyone else?
EDIT-and have these issue been raised a million times already in the past few days??
EDIT-and does anyone really care??

nah they aint sold out they progressing just cos certain peeps dont like the direction thats they own biz the progression of tech involves the use of computers.

the ren has build quality that is on par\ with the other mpcs and better in many ways only difference is that the processing is not limited to internal chips its done using the superior processing available in the pc , this makes sense to me
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 am
mr_debauch wrote:
JAH wrote:
Regarding the buss power....it clearly states the MPC Studio runs on buss power. Instead of taking it face value, you imply you are being misled because it also has a power supply

who are you talking about?

To everyone crying about it not being buss powered. If you didn't imply that, than it doesn't apply to you. If you did...like momma would say "shame on you." :P

Akai's website clearly states in plain English...."buss powered." It didn't say maybe buss powered or sometimes buss powered. To mislead people by making up stuff is not cool.