Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Certified Beatz Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:01 am
Okay think about it yes you can use a larger library on the fly instead of copy to the HD on your 2500. That great now for those who have a bunch of Vst's on windows XP that have not upgraded to Win7 64? this is when you will have problems with REN. Latency will not be a problem with 8GB of ram or more tracking 24 tracks do the math.. Now if you have 64 bit Technology then your fine but the price is still to high will I buy it...

No JJOS bugy software is ahead of AKAI. I own Cubase and Nuendo did it metion that I can export into other DAW's if so I did not see it. Akai is behind the times and need to get Roger lin to bring back the 3000 and then use Windows OS or MAC... This is a smoke screen for all you kiddies loving the new look guess what nothing new at all
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:25 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Okay think about it yes you can use a larger library on the fly instead of copy to the HD on your 2500. That great now for those who have a bunch of Vst's on windows XP that have not upgraded to Win7 64? this is when you will have problems with REN. Latency will not be a problem with 8GB of ram or more tracking 24 tracks do the math.. Now if you have 64 bit Technology then your fine but the price is still to high will I buy it...

No JJOS bugy software is ahead of AKAI. I own Cubase and Nuendo did it metion that I can export into other DAW's if so I did not see it. Akai is behind the times and need to get Roger lin to bring back the 3000 and then use Windows OS or MAC... This is a smoke screen for all you kiddies loving the new look guess what nothing new at all

1. You won't need 8GB ram. It will help, but you will be fine with 4, until you start loading up VST instruments that actually use a lot of ram. I have Maschine and run it on my Family computer which only has 4GB of ram, no latency issues, even when using VST's. And I run the 32-bit app because 99% of my VST's are 32-bit only. The amount of ram you have won't determine latency. Latency is determined mainly by your buffer setting. It is your processor that determines how low of a buffer you can run, which will determine how low of latency you can achieve before your audio starts glitching and giving errors. Stronger the processor, the lower the latency can be set.

You'll only need 8GB+ RAM if you are using a lot of heavy VST instruments, or 8GB worth of drums and samples in a beat (but who does that? Certainly not any hardware MPC user coming from only 128MB of sample memory or less). You can throw all the ram in the machine it will take, but if you have a shit processor, you ain't gonna be running a low latency buffer, because it will keep crashing. Trust me. I had this very issue with my P4 when I tried running Pro Tools on it. Shit could barely play back a session. Threw 4GB of ram in it and it didn't help a single bit. Got a Core2Quad with 4GB ram and never looked back!

2. You don't need W7. XP will be just fine. And XP also has 64 bit available. W7 is much better IMO, but it's not a necessity. 64-bit is no more expensive than 32. When you buy an OS, it includes both versions.

Bottom line is most modern computers will be able to handle the type of beats that would be made on a hardware MPC, as long as Akai puts out the proper driver. It's just when you start adding on all the VST's is when you'll need more power. But the beauty of the Ren is that people can still use all their old hardware sound modules if their computer struggles with VST instruments. Just stay away from the inefficient effects plugins until the mix stage and you will be fine!
By o_O Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Okay think about it yes you can use a larger library on the fly instead of copy to the HD on your 2500. That great now for those who have a bunch of Vst's on windows XP that have not upgraded to Win7 64? this is when you will have problems with REN. Latency will not be a problem with 8GB of ram or more tracking 24 tracks do the math.. Now if you have 64 bit Technology then your fine but the price is still to high will I buy it...

Not a single sentence you wrote makes any **** sense...
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:37 am
o_O wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:1. You won't need 8GB ram. It will help, but you will be fine with 4, until you start loading up VST instruments that actually use a lot of ram. I have Maschine and run it on my Family computer which only has 4GB of ram, no latency issues, even when using VST's. And I run the 32-bit app because 99% of my VST's are 32-bit only. The amount of ram you have won't determine latency. Latency is determined mainly by your buffer setting. It is your processor that determines how low of a buffer you can run, which will determine how low of latency you can achieve before your audio starts glitching and giving errors. Stronger the processor, the lower the latency can be set.

I know you get tired of saying the same thing over and over and people just don't get this do they?!?

o_O wrote:Not a single sentence you wrote makes any **** sense...

I was thinking this same thing, scrolled down and you posted exactly what I was thinking at the exact moment I read your comment. I actually giggled out loud.
By psr Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:45 am
Lampdog wrote:

I was thinking this same thing, scrolled down and you posted exactly what I was thinking at the exact moment I read your comment. I actually giggled out loud.

Ditto
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:39 pm
Lampdog wrote:

I swear! Misinformation and ignorance goes a long way over the internet! Reminds me of the number one major car myth I always hear from people: "I have a steering wheel vibration at highway speeds, so I need to get a wheel alignment to fix it." That is completely false but EVERYBODY thinks that shit when they come into a shop! Who started that shit?! :lol:
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:50 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:"I have a steering wheel vibration at highway speeds, so I need to get a wheel alignment to fix it."

In the last few months when I'm traveling at high speeds it's because I got one of yall forum members albums in the cd player and it's jammin, I'm on a natural high, but the police won't understand that when/if they stop me. :oops:

"Who's gonna stop me now!" makes my pedal sink in the floor of the car for some odd ass reason.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:58 pm
Lampdog wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:"I have a steering wheel vibration at highway speeds, so I need to get a wheel alignment to fix it."

In the last few months when I'm traveling at high speeds it's because I got one of yall forum members albums in the cd player and it's jammin, I'm on a natural high, but the police won't understand that when/if they stop me. :oops:

"Who's gonna stop me now!" makes my pedal sink in the floor of the car for some odd ass reason.

Word! Speaking of "who's gonna stop me now", did you get his new album? **** dope! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/now-or ... d495008546
By inthemix Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm
o_O wrote:

( Pissing myself laughing ! ) ... Ok, ahem ... Yes, I can see what the poster is getting at. However, you don't need anywhere near that amount of ram. I still use only 3 gig in my system and many of my typical songs contain around 8 - 19 VSTi's and at least 10 audio tks. I do use a coupler of samplers, but I rarely ever use more than 60% of ram and hardly ever go above 45% of Cpu power ?
Wow, some of you guys must be loading Vienna sized samples into your VST sampler ??