Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JBlongz Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:35 pm
Some questions that need precise clarification for professional producers:

They claim the 'outputs' are identical to the 3000, and the emulations are software-based. But

1) What about the inputs?

2)What about bouncing a track in Logic, PT, etc when MPC software is just a plugin. Will it apply the color/warmth for plugins of the main DAW?

3) Will controller functions (note repeat, velocity) work in ProTools, Logic, etc WITHOUT the mpc software?

Anyone have these answers?
By xparis001 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 pm
1. Inputs are copied from the 3000 schematic as well.

2. As far as taking advantage of the analog circuitry, to get that sound, you need to play the audio out of the analog outs. then, you're taking advantage of the analog circuitry.

that being said, the emulation modes are software based, and when you bounce a track, those can be applied. the analog outputs and the emulation modes are two different things, in that respect.

3. when in controller mode, the buttons send standard midi messages. this means when you press a button, it will send a note-on to logic. the note repeat function is controlled by the app.
By JBlongz Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 pm
xparis001 wrote:2. As far as taking advantage of the analog circuitry, to get that sound, you need to play the audio out of the analog outs. then, you're taking advantage of the analog circuitry.

that being said, the emulation modes are software based, and when you bounce a track, those can be applied. the analog outputs and the emulation modes are two different things, in that respect.

Now this is where I am misunderstanding...what is the sense of having the 3000 converters if they are only good for monitoring, and won't be heard in bounced track? I'm sure the AD/DA won't be identical to the emulation software, and even if it was, I can't process plugins and vocals from logic?
By xparis001 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:29 am
its the same thing if you had something like an Appogee Rosetta. You can listen to your tracks all day using the outputs from the device, but if you render your tracks in the box, you wont get the benefits of the sweet convertors and outputs, you'll only hear it when you play it back on your system. to get the full benefit, you need to track it.
By JBlongz Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am
I see. So I'll need another interface to loop it back to another interface in the same system like an insert effect.
By xparis001 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 am
you could do that, or you could route the track to the 3/4 out, into the input and monitor it from the main. using the direct monitor knob, you can turn it to 100% direct and avoid a feedback loop. at least I think you can. I'm gonna have to try that tomorrow and get back to you.
By rondonone Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 pm
any news on that? thats also my main question. if i made a track in MPC 3000 Mode or 60 can i route my output internal to the inputs and record this signal in to the daw to get the full MPC 3000 Sound?
By xparis001 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 am
rondonone wrote:any news on that? thats also my main question. if i made a track in MPC 3000 Mode or 60 can i route my output internal to the inputs and record this signal in to the daw to get the full MPC 3000 Sound?

I havent had a chance to check on this. We're waiting for my unit to return from NAMM. I'll probably have a chance to try this tomorrow or Fri.
By jpeg Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 pm
rondonone wrote:any news on this? is internal routing possible or do we need another audio interface for full mpc sound?

this is already been covered you can resample the outs to get the mpc60 and 3000 sound
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:02 pm
rondonone wrote:but can i record a beat in to a daw with this method?

No! You will have to either resample the outputs back into the Ren, or you will have to actually track Rens ouptuts into your DAW through another interface!