Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By masada2502 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:27 am
knock ?or will it sound like every other software knockoff of a Mpc.the 3k and 5k have a great groove and sound to my ears .i hope that tightness and swing mpcs are known for doesn't disappear.i wonder if these will keep the quantize strength and window setting the 5k has also.please no drama just commits .lol thx
By JAH Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 am
As an ex-5K user, I never had any issues with its sound. And even the MPC 2500 sound as good as the MPC 3000...to me. But I am in the minority of people that feel this way.

Since software is sample accurate, your MPC Ren/Studio sequences will play back as tight as any MPC or DAW. The issue will be when recording as there will probably be slightly more latency using these new MPCs as oppose to the hardware units. I expect the new MPCs will at least match what you get when recording MIDI into a DAW with a controller.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:22 am
I just hope the quantize has that classic MPC quantize. Cuz I hate the way Reason and Maschine quantize my shit most times. With these computer products, I find it better to just lay most shit with the quantize off and just nudge any notes that are out of place to where I want them.
By JAH Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:55 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:I just hope the quantize has that classic MPC quantize. Cuz I hate the way Reason and Maschine quantize my **** most times. With these computer products, I find it better to just lay most **** with the quantize off and just nudge any notes that are out of place to where I want them.

There are 9 hardware MPCs. When talking about classic MPC quantize, which one are you referring to?
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:20 pm
JAH wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:I just hope the quantize has that classic MPC quantize. Cuz I hate the way Reason and Maschine quantize my **** most times. With these computer products, I find it better to just lay most **** with the quantize off and just nudge any notes that are out of place to where I want them.

There are 9 hardware MPCs. When talking about classic MPC quantize, which one are you referring to?

All of them.
By JAH Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:29 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
JAH wrote:

All of them.

I'm sure Akai will keep the same quantize/swing..this is something that shouldn't be fooled with much. The sequencer is 960 ppqns. With that said, when you load legacy MPC sequences into the new software, I suspect they should playback as originally recorded....

As far as realtime quantize while playing pads, we will have to wait and see if MPC Rens/Studio's MIDI drivers can capture the same performance as the hardware MPCs.