Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JAH Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am

https://images.weserv.nl/?url=www.bigtickaudio.com/images/blog/IMGP6433.jpg

Akai has the toughest catz working on this project.

:D
Last edited by JAH on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bliprock Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am
O man come on, this aint lolcats is it? I hate cat hair in my gear, so i would be giving that cat a good kick up tha backside if it was my Ren. No cats allowed in my Lab thats for sure
By bliprock Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 am
Also where I am, in Australia, feral cats are a enviromental disaster and are shot on sight in our wildlife parks. Too right to, as they do so much damage to the native species we have here. So get the cats out of here please. :)
By JAH Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 am
Those pussy catz are right at home in this forum.
By Benno Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:31 am
xparis001 wrote:Guess the cat's out of the bag on this one! Those are Patrice's cats. he's one of our developers. He's more well known as the programmer behind all the great Big Tick Plugins!

-d

Can we conclude from this that Akai has outsourced its software development (for the Ren) to this "Big Tick audio software" company?

Btw I really appreciate you posting on the forums. As a long time lurker I finally decided to sign up again just to thank you.
By xparis001 Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm
Benno wrote:
xparis001 wrote:Guess the cat's out of the bag on this one! Those are Patrice's cats. he's one of our developers. He's more well known as the programmer behind all the great Big Tick Plugins!

-d

Can we conclude from this that Akai has outsourced its software development (for the Ren) to this "Big Tick audio software" company?

Btw I really appreciate you posting on the forums. As a long time lurker I finally decided to sign up again just to thank you.

No, we've not outsourced the development. Patrice is one of our contracted employees working on the project. His work on Rhino is what made us seek him out as a developer. it's a sweet plugin.

and thanks for the thanks! I appreciate it.
By inthemix Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:04 pm
Retrofreak wrote:Those paw cats are simply scratching the surface, they won't stop until it's purrrrfect

:lol: Finally, some humour around these new toys !
By Benno Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:59 pm
xparis001 wrote:No, we've not outsourced the development. Patrice is one of our contracted employees working on the project. His work on Rhino is what made us seek him out as a developer. it's a sweet plugin.

and thanks for the thanks! I appreciate it.

Thanks. Could you maybe go a little more into the concept and development of the Ren and the other new MPC products?
-When where these products first proposed?
-Where there any other concepts or even prototypes (stand alone hardware model maybe)?
-Can you talk a little about the input from music producers and the likes of Mr. Forat?
-Is any of the previous MPC OS code re-used (is that even possible?) or is everything re-created from scratch?

Any insight into the development of these new MPCs would be greatly appreciated. Fascinating stuff!