Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By eeKz Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 pm
DV247 one of the UKs biggest nline audio gear sites has the MPC prices up for the UK and i have to say, VERY impressed

MPC - REN £729.99
http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-midi/akai-mpc-renaissance-music-production-controller--93311

MPC - Studio £399.99
http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-midi/akai-mpc-studio-music-production-controller--93314

MPC - Fly is at £159.99

If these prices stay, then i am getting the ren !
By scoobylol Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 pm
Sorry, how much for a Ren? I don't think so... It's a Studio with an audio interface sellotaped on the bottom.

Studio is a good price, could possibly undercut Maschine a little bit more to really heat things up. Fly is looking pretty fair too.
By b.read Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:10 pm
I don't think any retailers in any market have accurate prices yet... I'll wait until I see something official from Akai. 8)
By b.read Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 pm
Not saying anything bad about them in particular, but all the retailers that have posted prices so far turned out to just been guesses on their part or misinformation that they obtained one way or another...kind of unexciting until we see something more substantial IMO.
By inthemix Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm
Well, at least these are nearer to the prices that I had hoped to see ?

It's good to see that the 'Studio' is pitched directly against the 'Maschine' ... which I had hoped for ( So, quick pat on the back for Nukai here :wink: ).

However, £800 is still too steep for the REN - it's a controller and I wouldn't pay that amount for any such.
By inthemix Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 pm
scoobylol wrote:DV are usually pretty spot on. I use them for pretty much all my new shopping requirements. Great service from those crazy southern monkeys.

+ 1 ( from a 'crazy southern monkey' ).